PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man Quest: What would you like to see?

Petoe
04-14-2002, 04:50 PM
:mega:
I am currently working on a Mega Man custom quest and I want to make it as good as possible, and different to the other quests made with Zquest. So first I´d like to know if this mega man project sounds interesting, and if it does, I would be happy to get suggestions of the things you would like to see in a Mega Man quest.

I have drawn the tileset for this quest, and my friend (who is a Mega Man fan) is helping me with the enemies and building this quest. But music is one thing I really haven´t decided yet: Should it be just Mega Man music or could it be be any kind of music if it just ”fits” to the part of the game? And other thing is puzzles. Because Mega Mans aren´t puzzle games, I decided to make just a couple of bigger puzzles somewhere, or if you think that this quest should be a puzzle quest, just tell me. I don´t know what you think about this one, but because this is a Zquest, I´ve planned to put one Zelda-type level (move blocks, collect keys, etc.) but just one, so tell me would it be okay? And the main baddie is, of course, Dr.Wily! (I have created a new space ship for him, but it looks better than the original one) The overworld will be quite small (16x8), but the cities and the levels will be gigantic.

So, comment these thoughts and ideas and if you have a suggestion for enemies or levels or guys or whatever, post here! I don´t know is there any other Mega Man quest or is someone making one, but I´ll promise that this quest will be finished somewere in the summer and it will be big and damn fun quest to play. I will show you some pictures at the end of this month and maybe I release a small demo too…

Here´s some pictures to show you how the game might look, and if you want to comment the graphics, just say what you think. I´m not sure will I change the graphics anymore, but if I get many posts who says: ”looks boring or ugly”, then I might make a little changes.

http://invis.free.anonymiser.com/http://angelfire.com/yt3/128zqe/mm1.gif
http://invis.free.anonymiser.com/http://angelfire.com/yt3/128zqe/mm2.gif
http://invis.free.anonymiser.com/http://angelfire.com/yt3/128zqe/mm3.gif

:mega:

Dark Jim
04-14-2002, 05:01 PM
Interesting. Looking forward to see more of this.

VEL
04-14-2002, 05:05 PM
Looks cool! :thumbsup:

DarkFlameWolf
04-14-2002, 05:40 PM
Is that Squall from FF8 in pic 2? o_O

VGWarrior
04-14-2002, 05:48 PM
Looks like we have a Mega Man quest that WILL be released out to the public this time.

Let's see what assistance I can offer...

Heart pieces: on the GB games, there were four "mini tanks"; once picked up, they become an energy tank. Obviously, an E tank is your heart container.

small heart: small pellet

fairy: a big pellet with wings?!? got me there.

Hookshot: modified Mega Arm

Bombs/Super Bombs: See Hyper Bombs or Napalm Bombs

Boomerang: In order, Ring Shot, Shadow Blades, and Quick Boomerang

Bow/Arrows: Perhaps "super" special weapons like the Needle Cannon.

Candle: Atomic Fire

Ocarina: Beat Whistle (beat picks you up)

Meat: i don't know

Letter: I know this is an X item, but perhaps a Sub Tank.

Wand: Hard Knuckles; when you add the "Crash Bomb" explosives (magic book), they explode at impact.

Lens: X item: X3 helmet upgrade

Hammer: EXE item: Gaia Hammer

Raft: Rush Jet

Flippers: Rush Marine

Stepladder: Rush Coil

Shields: just make the Proto shield the best one.

Rupees: ZENNY!

Master Key: Wily's Key; don't know

Rings: Maybe prototype versions of the X armor?!? You do that one.

Boots: You know those special boots that Bass has that was originally supposed to be an enhancement for MM (from MM7)? Make it those.

Cross: Some sort of anti cloaking device.

Clock: Bright Man's Flash Stopper (stops things temporarily)

Octorocks: Mets

Aquamentus: Perhaps Top Man

Bats: Battons or whatever you call them.

Dodongo: Some vacuum robot.

Patra: Modified Yellow Devil/Rock Monster (maybe)

That's all I can think of for now.

Foxx
04-14-2002, 06:10 PM
Holy cow! That looks incredible. I really like how you've detailed the upper-left-hand-corner overworld map.

Petoe
04-15-2002, 12:07 AM
Hmm...good ideas, VGWarrior. Might even use some. And its good think that you like the screenshots.:)

DarkFlameWolf
04-15-2002, 12:28 AM
again, I ask, is that Squall from FF8 in pic 2?

Brasel
04-15-2002, 01:24 AM
If you release this, your my hero.

You want to know what I'd like to see? This quest released!

Petoe
04-15-2002, 09:30 AM
Of course I release this quest, this is taking almost all my time now. And DFW, it is not Squall.

Here are some of my own plans for this quest:
First of all I have decided to make it so that sometimes after finishing a level or doing something else big, the quest will change! (People have something new to tell and maybe some new places have shown up and some places will open their doors in the main city etc.)
Dr.Wily´s base will be in the space on some asteroid, but what is he doing there and what are his evil plans, and how can you get there…I will tell you later.
And here is some items:
KEY=A key card
CANDLE=A special cannon that shoots a special fire that can melt some blocks that can be melted only with this cannon.
POTION=E-Tank
BOW=Missile (enemies shoot needles?)
FLIPPERS=Rush marine
RINGS=Some kind of shield chips, that upgrades Mega man´s defense
HAMMER=Some kind of a power fist. With it you can crush some blocks and rocks
WAND=Mega Buster
And of course there is Dr.Light, Roll and Dr.Wily in this quest + the currency is Zen and most of the midis are going to be from Mega Man games.

If you have any ideas for Ghinis, Zoras and Like Likes, please let me know.

DarkFlameWolf
04-15-2002, 09:33 AM
Okay, don't make it insanely frustrating as your last quest. That's my only request.

Petoe
04-15-2002, 10:01 AM
Don´t worry DFW! This will be 100 times better than my previous quest and there are loads of people to talk to and signs to read, so that you would have an idea what to do next.:)

K-Teclis
04-15-2002, 11:41 AM
That looks cool!!

But think of some sidescroll areas..

Jigglysaint
04-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Well, have events.

I think you should make it with the latest beta since 104 is crap :lmao:

You need boss keys, events, and other things, not to mention other neat things that were added. Ya, custom quest is should be.

Petoe
04-15-2002, 03:53 PM
Well Jigglysaint, I don´t have the latest beta, because I´m not in the competition(because the competition has some rules and I want to release this before the competition is over). So I just have to deal with the crappy build 104 until some of the newest betas will be public. But if it doesn´t happen until the competition is over, that would suck, because my target is to get this quest ready in the summer.:confuse2:
There won´t be boss keys, but events and a huge amount of people this quest will have, and like K-Teclis mentioned, there will be some sidescroll areas too.