PDA

View Full Version : Is This Intentional?

Cloral
04-14-2002, 04:11 PM
I've noticed that when you hit a magic prism with Link's magic, the refracted magic looks like the enemy magic. Is this intentional? Because considering the fact that it is a prism that is supposed to split the magic and not really create new magic of its own, I'd say that the refracted magic should look like Link's magic when Link is the one who hits it.

Jigglysaint
04-14-2002, 04:47 PM
But when the magic gets refracted, it becomes enemy magic, thus it can hurt you and you can block it.

Dark Dude
04-14-2002, 05:17 PM
While what Jigglysaint has said is true... you could set up enemy magic to look like rockets and Link's magic to look like magical super arrows, and then after the magical super arrow hits the thinger, it would turn into a missile and result in people going, "Wha-?".

Cyclone
04-14-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Dark Dude
While what Jigglysaint has said is true... you could set up enemy magic to look like rockets and Link's magic to look like magical super arrows, and then after the magical super arrow hits the thinger, it would turn into a missile and result in people going, "Wha-?".

Yeah, no kidding. :odd:

Simply, just create code that checks what type of magic it is. If it's enemy magic, no change. If it's Link's magic, convert it to a third magic type (with the same specific tiles) that becomes killer magic. I presume, also, that enemies can be hurt by this prism magic?

Cyclone

Shadowblazer
04-14-2002, 09:30 PM
Or just create a new projectile called "Prism Magic" and have it turn into that regardless. Hell, go all out and make a "Prism Magic Enemy" and "Prism Magic Link." That way if you want the Enemy and Link magics to remain the same when they hit a prism, you can make them identical. If you then to change, you can make 'em change.