PDA

View Full Version : Game -> movie Better as anemie?

obi
04-14-2002, 12:24 PM
Her's one - would a game like FF7 be better off as an animation like say DBZ or like the spirits within?

MegaMan3000
04-14-2002, 12:28 PM
I say, Leave it as a game

Darunia
04-14-2002, 12:29 PM
Anime, of course. Real people will suck, and computer things seems too alike the game, for me :shrug:

MegaMan3000
04-14-2002, 12:32 PM
Well Anime would be the best choice if Leave it as a game wasent there

obi
04-14-2002, 12:45 PM
I think manga as
1) it will look the best
2)It is a helluva lot cheaper so it will be longer - just look at Titan AE. That rocked!

Well Anime would be the best choice if Leave it as a game wasent there

not really, there are sme games I would like to see as films - CT, FF7 to name 2.

Mak-X
04-14-2002, 01:32 PM
Manga is a Japanese comic book, or the Japanese style of comic books. Titan A.E. is not a comic book (if your talking about the movie) and it is definitely not Anime as its a American animation. "Manga" in the choices for the poll should be changed to "Anime" since your talking about making a game into a Movie and not a Novel.
There is a lot of comic books in Japan of video games like Zelda and Earthbound.

For the question in the first post, Final Fantasy VII would probably be good if the entire animation was like the cut scenes in the game. Chrono Trigger however would be anime, especially since there's anime cutscenes in the FFChronicles version and the character designs were done by Akira Toriyama of Dragon Ball fame (also does Dragon Quest).

Final Fantasy V had a 4 part anime series based on it.

I'd really like to see a Zelda anime based on Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past (Triforce of the Gods).

Most Japanese games with the anime style are more practicle to be made into an anime.

CH@O$
04-14-2002, 04:27 PM
Mak-X, thank you, someone had to tell obi that he's an idiot, but i couldnt, see, i go to the same school and that usually leads to him trying to make me look bad, which just fails, cause i couldnt look worst:laughing: :laughing:

pt. i say anime

mikeron
04-14-2002, 04:34 PM
Aw, come on. Have you seen Street Fighter: The Movie?

Just watching the scene where Van Dam, as Guile, says: "No, you've lost your balls!" has got to be one of the most enlightening experiences there is.

Mak-X
04-14-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by mikeron
Aw, come on. Have you seen Street Fighter: The Movie?

Just watching the scene where Van Dam, as Guile, says: "No, you've lost your balls!" has got to be one of the most enlightening experiences there is.

I liked that part where the bad guys are watching the monitor as the truck is going to hit something in Zangief says "Quick! Change the channel!"

I'd like to see the animated Street Fighter 2 movie someday though, but I'm not into SF 2 enough anymore to want to go rent it. The live action movie was not good at all, and almost silly.

Daarkseid
04-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X

I liked that part where the bad guys are watching the monitor as the truck is going to hit something in Zangief says "Quick! Change the channel!"

That was probably the best part in that movie, probably the only part of the movie that I remotely enjoyed... and I was 10 at the time.