PDA

View Full Version : E-bay Millionaire?

J.J. Maxx
04-14-2002, 01:44 AM
OKay, this sounds kinda silly but wouldn't it be a sweet business if you could find items that you could buy new and sell them on E-bay consistently for more than you paid for them?

The reason I think this is cool is because I saw a book in a bookstore brand new selling for 15 bucks but the same book goes for like $40 on E-bay. If you could find about a dozen or so items that you could buy low and sell high you would really start raking in the profits. Most people just sell used stuff or collectibles but if you had an endless supply of items that made you 200% profit you could really be a millionaire without even leaving your living room. :eek:

I think I'm going to buy 5 of those books at a cost of 80 bucks. Sell them and make at least 150 bucks. Then take that 150 bucks and buy 10 books and make 300 bucks... And so on and so forth...

It also depends on how you present your items. :thumbsup:

What do you think?

The Silent Assassin
04-14-2002, 01:46 AM
People who can verify you are selling an item you bought from them off eBay can notify eBay to cancel your auction ;)

Flash Man
04-14-2002, 01:50 AM
Explain to me a situation that that would be necessary.

Ekulf
04-14-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
People who can verify you are selling an item you bought from them off eBay can notify eBay to cancel your auction ;)

but he is not buying the things off e-bay he is buying them somewhere else and selling them on e-bay

The Silent Assassin
04-14-2002, 01:54 AM
I buy a sealed Ocarina of Time.
That same DAY I win it, and pay, I list a new auction with "Sealed Ocarina of Time".
Usually, and I DO mean a lot, people use the SAME EXACT PIC from the auction they won.

Most of the time nobody cares. But if you see somebody who bought something off you, and is selling it to make a "profit", you can contact eBay, and they will close the auction.

Most people do this for "artwork" and "expensive rare" items, like baseball cards. I mean, you can do what you want with them (pawn them to a collector's shop), you just can't sell them again on eBay.

Foxy
04-14-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin

Well I wouldn't be buying it off E-bay I would be buying it from my local bookstore. :thumbsup:

There are some people in the world who don't have bookstores or are just too lazy to look for something before they buy it and they can pay double for it because of that. ;)

There shouldn't be anything illegal about it. Its my property once I bought it and I can re-sell it if I want. :)

{{{{{GRrrrr... Foxy was logged in. This is JJ!}}}}}

The Silent Assassin
04-14-2002, 01:58 AM
well...under the US Government...you CAN'T Charge what you want for a product.

Unless you can prove why say...you should be able to charge 10,000 bucks for a gallon of gas, the government has a right to take control of your prices, and alter them to an adequate level.

inori
04-14-2002, 02:03 AM
Say what? If I can find some idiot who's willing to pay $10,000 for a gallon of gas, more power to me. Now if I owned all the gas in the United States, then the government might have a reason to step in... but most of the time, I can sell anything I own for any amount I can get for it, as long as there's an agreement between the buyer and the seller.

Dark Nation
04-14-2002, 09:09 AM
You can't sell something back on e-bay that you bought from there? Why not? It's not like anyone has to buy it.

Legolas
04-14-2002, 10:11 AM
I had an idea for something like that. I would go out and buy the #1 most popular book, and then say it was signed by the author. But it wouldn't be signed by the author I would just sign it and I would end up with a whole lot of cash!:pimp:

obi
04-14-2002, 11:58 AM
That has already been done, and quite rightly, nothing has been done - pokemon cards. I need not say more. Buy them off the street, more the fool you.:laughing:

VEL
04-14-2002, 01:02 PM
I've bought Resident Evil figures at Kay Bee before for $5 then sold them on ebay for $15 right away. I used to sell Mortal Kombat move lists at arcades for about $1 each.