PDA

View Full Version : ZC paranoia.

Menokh
04-14-2002, 12:13 AM
With all this crap that is going on with different members and the controversy over the ad funded 1.90, I am seriously worried about Zelda Classic's future. It's probably just paranoia(like I said in the title), but do I have anything to worry about?

And who actually owns the 1.90 and 1.92 source code and program? I'm not sure anymore, but I always thought that DN did. So does he?

supertails2001
04-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Wish I could help, but I'm as clueless as you are, dude.

Daarkseid
04-14-2002, 12:41 AM
I don't think DN ever acted as though it were his. He's even said that all he's doing is taking PM's code and modifying it a little. Since PM abandoned the project and confirmed with Warlord he had no intention of working on it again, what happened between this confirmation and DN's hiring to work on the project is not entirely clear to me. However, to quote DN in this topic (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52336) "From what I understand, War Lord owns the code now. PM gave it to him to do with as he pleases."

And this whole incident will not mean the end of ZC. It may result in the ads being pulled from ZC 1.90, it might not. It could only mean the end of ZC, truly, if its source code were to be deleted entirely by all who possesse the code. Otherwise, somebody with some skill in programming could get ahold of the code and start work on it.

I'm sure that even if AGN goes down, the ZC community could move elsewhere.

KJAZZ
04-14-2002, 01:44 AM
I hope this whole thing blows over, we lost good members because of it..:(

MetaStaiford
04-14-2002, 01:52 AM
Menokh, i feel your paranoia, and i feel pretty much the same way.

We've lost several members because of this. sadly, ones that i dont have information to keep in touch with them.

but i'd like to know, who truly owns the source? i'd say DN, he coded it, and i've heard nothing of legal documents.

also, Meonkh, can you give me some contact information, like AIM and ICQ? it's kinda important, and i'm worried

Cyclone
04-14-2002, 02:07 AM
I would personally think that DN owns the code. He's the one who's been programming the thing since 1.84, so PM certainly can't lay claim to it. PM can only claim, I believe, 1.84.

Cyclone

PrinceMSC
04-14-2002, 02:28 AM
As for ZC going under, I really doubt it. Not anytime soon anyway. I'm sure there will be great members of ZC leaving us because of other members, life, and such. But that doesn't mean ZC is going anywhere. But it will end some day.

Now as for Armageddon Games, I can't promise anything. But the way things have been going on around here, I wouldn't be surprised if this place blows up.

And me thinks DN. is the owner of the code. But does it really matter?

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

Menokh
04-14-2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by MetaStaiford

also, Meonkh, can you give me some contact information, like AIM and ICQ? it's kinda important, and i'm worried

I'm not on all that often, but I have AIM YIM and MSN(gotta love Trillian).
My AIM name in Menokh
my YIM name is menokh2000
my MSN name is [email protected]

I just hope everything works out here. I don't want to leave AGN.