PDA

View Full Version : Layers are apparent when dying.

DarkFlameWolf
04-13-2002, 08:17 PM
When the player dies, any layers on screen when the screen turns red, become readily apparent in a very obvious manner. The outlines are bright red and you can easily distinguish which parts of the screen are layers and which aren't. Might want to fix that.

Daarkseid
04-13-2002, 08:41 PM
I don't quite get what you describe from my tests. I have a screen that uses two layers, and when I die, only certain tiles remain unchanged by the death sequence. The tops of trees(located on a layer) turn red like they should, but then grey columns on the same layer do not.

I have gathered that, all Csets on the 0 layer will turn red when dying, however, only Level Csets on layers will. Meaning that Csets 0,1, and 5 won't change.

DarkFlameWolf
04-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Well I'm using Cset 1, so why is it changing?

Daarkseid
04-13-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
Well I'm using Cset 1, so why is it changing?

Is it on any of Layers 1 to 6? Because when I die, any Cset 1 combos on Layer 0(the one you draw to directly) will turn red and darken with Link's demise, while combos using the same cset(1) won't if they are on at least layers 4 and 5, which are the layers I tested.

DarkFlameWolf
04-13-2002, 09:26 PM
The only layers I use are 1, 3, 4, and 6. The current problem was occuring in a screen that had layers on 3. But it seems its a problem on all layers I've used so far.