PDA

View Full Version : "Mr. Happy" and "What's wrong with the forums"

plith
04-13-2002, 07:42 PM
The two topics are related. Bear with me.

I'm sitting around here today, and it's one of the rare good-weather days. Birds are bullshitting each other about how wonderful the day is and how-do-you-do and the general good things. And my mood is better. No arguing or depressing or whatever.

And I'm still like that. So look at me, I'm not bitching about various forum members, not trying to be so destructive about other people... and that's what's wrong around here. We're all out to put others down to make us feel better about ourselves.

So therefore, here's my advice to the forum members who don't already follow it: open the closest window, turn a light on, and don't shut your door. You'll feel better faster that way... unless of course you're being hit by a tornado... then you'll probably be dead... but it's a risk you gotta take!

King Link
04-13-2002, 07:46 PM
I must say, that is some very good advice. Don't go around putting down and yelling at others. Enjoy the day.

The Silent Assassin
04-13-2002, 07:47 PM
Today was a beautiful day. I went to lunch with a girl and walked around UT's campus with her.

VEL
04-13-2002, 07:51 PM
That is good advice, it's something I already do and it just so happens that I already have a window open that's a couple of feet from me, and the lights are on, and the doors are open. I like it when people are happy and I also like to try and make them happy when I can.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-13-2002, 08:18 PM
You guys suck! Here in Oklahoma we have had bad weather for the past week. Dang Oklahoma!! Wouldn't you agree PrinceMSC?

The Silent Assassin
04-13-2002, 08:24 PM
I'm watching Twister if that makes you happy...and a Tornado Warning has been issued north of us just now.

Ultra22Lemming
04-13-2002, 08:56 PM
Yikes today was a good day! Although you already know that because I'm plith's brother. But I rarely go outside. The only time I do is to walk my dog.

I think that is good advice. I'll doing something now to prove... {goes to the nearest window and opens it}

Dechipher
04-13-2002, 10:15 PM
Hopw north TSA?

PrinceMSC
04-13-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by ZeldaMaster
You guys suck! Here in Oklahoma we have had bad weather for the past week. Dang Oklahoma!! Wouldn't you agree PrinceMSC?

I guess you live in the part of Oklahoma where all the storms have been going threw. They have been pass me by. We need rain bad!!!

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

ctrl-alt-delete
04-13-2002, 10:32 PM
LOL I just noticed you were from Oklahoma today. That is why I put that. What part? I am from OKC.

AtmaWeapon
04-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Plith, your ability to make a perfectly normal post with a hilarious, unexpected punchline at the very end amazes me and brightens my day. Too bad it's 10:00 PM and dark outside and MOSQUITOS BAD!!!!

PrinceMSC
04-13-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by ZeldaMaster
LOL I just noticed you were from Oklahoma today. That is why I put that. What part? I am from OKC.

You know where Tulsa is? Thought so. I live in that city right above Tulsa, its called Bartlesville? Its about a 3 hour drive from where you live.

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

Raichu86
04-14-2002, 12:33 AM
It was pretty warm here today. But now it's nice and cool, and a breeze is coming in the window next to me. Feels good. ;)

Fiyerstorm
04-14-2002, 12:43 AM
Today was great too. played B-ball and Football then later on I went to the movies with my friends and then to Tao Hell. We had to wait for my friend's brother so while everyone else were in the car listening to the radio, me and my HOT friend Christie were in the back part of the pick-up truck laying down and looking at the night sky...then she fell alsleep, LOL. I just came home like an hour ago. IMO, this forum redneck fighting bullshit is immature.

Shadowblazer
04-14-2002, 05:17 AM
What a lovely day it's been. After getting a group of my comrades together we ventured down to the bowels of Kedge Keep and slew the obnoxiously cute seahorse Undertow. From his corpse I retrieved the Blazing Wand... What does this mean? Well, thus far I have collected the following items:

Element of Water
Staff of Elemental Mastery: Water
Tears of Erollisi
Rain of Karana
Element of Fire
Power of the Orb*
Blazing Wand
Element of Earth
Broom of Trilon
Shovel of Ponz
Dirt of Underfoot
Element of Air
Pegasus Feather Cloak
Elemental Binder
*Power of the Orb is actually its own little subquest, and I collected the following to gain that item:

Words of Magi`kot
Torn Page of Magi`kot 1
Torn Page of Magi`kot 2
Torn Page of Magi`kot 3
Power of the Elements
Power of Earth
Power of Fire
Power of Wind
Power of Water
Words of Mastery
Torn Page of Mastery: Earth
Torn Page of Mastery: Fire
Torn Page of Mastery: Wind
Torn Page of Mastery: Water
So at any rate, all this means that I currently have the following items left to collect: Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth
Crown of Elemental Mastery
Burning Embers
Torch of the Elements
Once I get my hands on those four items, the Orb of Mastery will finally be mine to command. And what a glorious day that will be...

Of course that day may be months in the future. The Crown of Elemental Mastery drops on the Seventh island in the Plane of Sky, not a place that most guilds visit often due to the fact that fuck all else drops there and it takes a good two days to reach it.

The Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth drops in the Plane of Hate off of a semi-rare miniboss and is a semi-rare drop. Unfortunately raiding Hate is not a trivial matter for my guild or the union of guilds that we belong to. Since it may take a few Hate raids for me to actually get my hands on the staff, and we'll probably raid Hate at best once a month, this one will take awhile to get.

The Burning Embers may very well fall into my hands sometime soon. All I need is a decent group to keep a small area of the Burning Woods clear for a few hours, where we'll hopefully slay the named Wurms Nezekezena and Phurzikon a few times, and with any luck one of those wurm killings will result in the Burning Embers.

And then there's the Torch of the Elements. Not too hard to kill the creature that drops this one, but she unfortunately does not relinquish the item every time so again it may take several strikes on the City of Mist to finally get my hands on this one. Fortunately it's not nearly as involved as a plane raid and there are a number of other phat items that drop there, so I shouldn't find it too hard to get the necessary force together.

Well, that's where I stand. This concludes today's lesson on The Magician Epic Quest and where Trezark currently stands in regards to his completion of it. Stay tuned for further developments!

Arcayn
04-14-2002, 06:13 AM
You don't have a job, do you Shadowblazer? ;)

Today would be fine if it weren't for the fact I have to prepare two semifinals and finish up the report for a big assignment. Grrr.

Shadowblazer
04-14-2002, 07:17 PM
You don't have a job, do you Shadowblazer?Sure I do! But I usually find myself playing EverQuest while I'm at work too ;)

See, it's a lovely life.