PDA

View Full Version : YAY! The SSSCA is doomed!

AlexMax
04-13-2002, 03:36 AM
http://rtnews.globetechnology.com/servlet/RTGAMArticleHTMLTemplate/C/20020410/gt?tf=tgam%252Frealtime%252Ffullstory_Tech.html&cf=globetechnology/tech-config-neutral&slug=gt&date=20020410&archive=RTGAM&site=Technology

YAY! DING, DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD! (Well, almost...)

Hermit
04-13-2002, 05:25 AM
As I said before... I never thought anything that retarded would ever get passed anyway. Nor do I care if it does. I would not abide by it by any means, too many civil liberties at stake.

Jemsee
04-13-2002, 06:10 AM
Good and dead.
And a good thing to because with my new connection I'v been down loading some things that I never could have before.
Would have been my luck to get all this stuff and then have it be illegal to use.

The Silent Assassin
04-13-2002, 08:40 AM
Very good news, indeed.

Artevoi
04-13-2002, 08:57 AM
By introducing this curse of a bill, it appears that Hollings is not interested in staying in office. I hope everyone here in SC has enough common sense to vote that idiot out and replace him with someone else.

Besides, if the bill were passed, the Supreme Court would strike it down (IMO).

Ich
04-13-2002, 09:13 AM
It's always a Dem who starts a bad idea like this.

"We haven't received one e-mail in support of the Hollings bill," said Judiciary Committee spokeswoman Mimi Devlin. "It seems like there's a groundswell of support from regular users."

And everyone can't be wrong, so it seems to be the logical step.

NerdWarrior
04-13-2002, 09:44 AM
"We're off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of ROMs..."
They wouldn't have gotten it too far anyway.

DemoQuestFan
04-13-2002, 11:17 AM
:lol: :lol: :lmao:
"hfjashruerhtwignwejyrt3wu3rwnfajdhtietjewawuter"
:lol: :lol: :lmao:

Menokh
04-13-2002, 11:44 AM
Yay!
I knew this wasn't going to stay alive long.
It would've violated a law passed in 1992 saying that we have the right to copy our music and to record TV shows and movies for later use.

:D

Cyclone
04-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
It would've violated a law passed in 1992 saying that we have the right to copy our music and to record TV shows and movies for later use.

Well, they could have struck down that law, too...

Technology firms did not want to testify in the hearing, did not offer input while the bill was being drafted, and have offered plenty of criticism but little helpful suggestions since, a Hollings aide said.

Well, what the hell do you expect? If some fucking idiot wants to take away the rights of individual users of the products in question, then OF COURSE it is going to be criticized. Including in the press, if someonie leaks the info.

I swear, if this were passed, then yes; the hardware would have made its' way into Canadian markets, and would have affected Canada, who would have been forced to comply with the U.S. law. This would have made things even worse, and I guarantee I would have opted never to purchase another computer in my life if necessay in order to circumvent this bill (and assist other similarly-disgusted individuals in spreading the newer music of the day :D ).

So thus, I am happy that it did not pass. :)

Cyclone

MetaStaiford
04-13-2002, 12:26 PM
horray! power to the people!

i love it when something in this paticular style happens to an absoloutely HATED law.

now if only fellow NEVADANS would actually have the IQ to do that to the yucca mountain ordeal. its their mountain, and the seem to not give a fuck

Jigglysaint
04-13-2002, 01:52 PM
Just remember that there are people who are willing to shove their biased and Right-Wing dildos up our asses just because some multi-billion industry is whining because people are getting smarter and d/l their music instead of paying $20 for a CD where they might only get one song they actually enjoy.

The want us to buy their crap, and we are going to say no!

Glad the bill is dead, very glad.

One more thing, I live in Canada so if the bill was passed, it wouldn't affect me anyway,:blah: !

Elemental Knight
04-13-2002, 02:38 PM
*Tosses a quarter into the Jukebox*

*Music begins to play, from the Fire Emblem III soundtrack* (http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/fecrowd.mid)

*ElementalKnight begins to dance*

Rijuhn
04-13-2002, 02:38 PM
HEEELLLLL YEAH!! My life is a bit brighter! :pimp: I was pretty sure this wouldn't pass when a few members explained the problems that would occure. It would curb piracy, but it would fuck up everything, the way I use my computer and every. I would have to buy my music, who does that?

VEL
04-13-2002, 03:41 PM
YIPEE SKIPPY!!!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

DarkDragon
04-13-2002, 04:35 PM
What an idiot that Hollings is. I would have expected better from a Democrat.
I fail to see how users pirating software is the hardware manufacturers' problem.