PDA

View Full Version : The food thread

Zaphod Q. IX
04-12-2002, 11:45 PM
This thread will have all of the information about the plans for food at the Armageddon Games 2002 Convention.

For people attending the convention:
If you have any food allergies, or have a type of food you cannot eat, post here, so we can make accomodations. Also, vegetarians should post here and let us know, so we know how much vegetarian food to purchase.

Cyberkitten will be posting our planned menu shortly. :)

cyberkitten
04-12-2002, 11:57 PM
ok, here's a rough idea of what we're planning so far. we've got two dinners, two lunches and two breakfasts to cover.

friday night: barbecue sandwiches, chips, fruit, cookies

saturday breakfast: ??? (we've had suggestions for eggs and sausage and bacon or biscuits and gravy) any suggestions are welcome.

saturday lunch: ???? (help?)

saturday dinner: shish kabobs! cut up marinated chicken and steak, cherry tomatoes, peppers, fruit pieces (feel free to add any suggestions...we'll be assembling them together so everybody gets what they want)

potatoes (tater tots or sliced potatoes or somethin wrapped in foil and stuck on the grill)

grilled corn on the cob

fruit salad

sunday breakfast: coffee cake

sunday lunch: burgers and dogs and chips and such (easy to fix, easy to clean up after)

okay, the only one that's absolutely set in stone is saturday's dinner.
stuff can get flipped around or added and subtracted and we need input! :D

Foxy
04-13-2002, 12:18 AM
We can't forget the Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, and Chocolate for S'mors on Saturday night! :thumbsup:

For Sat. Breakfast, eggs and bacon/sausage sounds great. It's relatively inexpensive and can easily be made to feed lots of people. Or we could have oatmeal, for those who like hot cereal. That's pretty easy to make when you're camping.

For Sat. lunch....We could have sandwiches of cheese and sliced meat, chips, fruit, stuff like that. Lunches probably won't be nearly as big a deal as dinners, so small stuff should be okay.

I'll add more if I think of anything...food is my favorite subject! :D

Zeo
04-14-2002, 07:46 AM
saturday lunch: ???? (help?)

This is going to be the most active day I'd assume, since no one should be coming or going at that piont, so I suggest somethig light (ESP since were having such a HUGE delicous sounding dinner).

What about a Cold cuts and salad buffet, with cookies?

cyberkitten
04-14-2002, 01:10 PM
lunchmeat and cheese sandwiches (chips, salad, fruit) sound good for lunch saturday since like zeo pointed out, nobody will be arriving or leaving and we were figuring that was the day when everybody would be off doing stuff (swimming, playing golf, etc) and it wouldn't be very likely that everybody would want to eat at the same time.
all the meals are likely to be a loose time frame since we don't have a formal schedule. and it's not like a cafeteria or restaurant...the kitchen doesn't "close" after mealtime...you'll just have to get food out yourself and put it back into the fridge or cooler when you're done :D there are plenty of things to do at the campground, and i'm sure nobody will be bored. unless the majority of you decide we need a set schedule, we were planning on leaving everything loose and open.

wlsfrnd
04-15-2002, 10:50 PM
If no one opposes, I'll volunteer to bake about 6 (plus 2 for the ride there and back) ziplock bags (gallon size) of ranch oyster crackers. Think that'll be enough?

Don't knock 'em 'til you've tried 'em!

AtmaWeapon
04-16-2002, 12:12 AM
Sounds good to me! I'm a carnivore, so someone else can have my portions of vegetables that aren't potatoes.

J.J. Maxx
04-16-2002, 12:22 AM
I want to bring the clams...

Anybody else *love* clams.. swimming in butter?

*melts*

Ahhhhh.. clams...

The Silent Assassin
04-16-2002, 01:48 AM
Chicken Salad! I will eat that EVERY DAMN MEAL! White bread and Chicken salad is the shit!

Cold cuts will work for anything.

However...for munchies...

Funyuns, Hot N Spicy Chex Mix, and all forms of Barbeque chips.

Zeo
04-16-2002, 07:03 AM
FUNYUNS!!!!!!!!!!!! :uhoh:
Bleck!

Anyway, Nacho Cheesier Doritos please, and not the 3-d things that taste like then were left on the side walk to bake.

Goat
04-20-2002, 02:23 PM
Egg Salad & Beer!!!!

Masamune
04-20-2002, 02:39 PM
hey look it's goatboy!

The Silent Assassin
04-21-2002, 10:28 PM
I just forgot! STARBURST. Those kick ass.

Jemsee
04-29-2002, 03:30 PM
I agree that Sat. lunch be light and easy. Coldcuts and cheese, and bread, let everyone make there own. And of course a variety of chips.
For breakfast was cold cereal and milk listed? OJ? Coffee?
Doughnuts?
What about inbetween meal snacks, are we on our own for anything extra, or will somthing be set out for 24 hr availability?