PDA

View Full Version : Game Q can be yours.

The Silent Assassin
04-12-2002, 11:17 PM
http://gear.ign.com/articles/356/356908p1.html

Orion
04-12-2002, 11:38 PM
Meh... when I have 2 systems capable of DVD playback and an actual DVD player, along with a GameCube, there is no reason for me to buy this. Though it does look very cool.

Dark Templar
04-13-2002, 12:38 AM
It looks really cool, that little LCD screen or whatever is tight and so are the glowing lights.

MasterSwordUltima
04-13-2002, 12:54 AM
Wouldn't it be mad funny if Nintendo had no idea about this?

Head of NOA: What is that!? It can play GameCube games!?
Q Developer:Uh....no....only DVDs
Head of NOA: OH....ok, carry on...

Daarkseid
04-13-2002, 12:57 AM
No, I'm pretty sure Nintendo knows about this if Panasonic is able to mass market it in Japan. I believe Nintendo has licensed their Gamecube technology out to Panasonic for sale in Panasonic's Q.

Rijuhn
04-13-2002, 01:02 AM
Cool. It looks like the most promising Gaming Console/DVD combo yet. It's more intricate, and it's made by Nintendo, so that means it's durable. You could probably bake it in the oven and it would still work fine. God Bless Nintendo, now wheres Metroid Prime?:mad: hehe.

Daarkseid
04-13-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
Cool. It looks like the most promising Gaming Console/DVD combo yet. It's more intricate, and it's made by Nintendo, so that means it's durable. You could probably bake it in the oven and it would still work fine. God Bless Nintendo, now wheres Metroid Prime?:mad: hehe.

Um, no, its not made by Nintendo, its manufactured by Panasonic using Nintendo's technology. Its probably durable nonetheless, but don't get manufacturers mistaken here.

King Link
04-13-2002, 09:20 AM
If I did not already have a GameCube, I'd get this ASAP, but I'll settle for the regular GameCube. Plus, I have a DVD player ... just got to get it fixed now.:rolleyes:

Mak-X
04-13-2002, 11:56 AM
I don't care for the look of the Q. It's too silvery and button filled for my taste as a video game console. I prefer the Gamecube's design.

AlexMax
04-13-2002, 12:33 PM
I would shave my left nut for that thing... :/

And how unprecedented (I think). Another company selling a system that plays another companiy's major video game line.

Daarkseid
04-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
I would shave my left nut for that thing... :/

And how unprecedented (I think). Another company selling a system that plays another companiy's major video game line.

Actually, I think Nintendo and other companies have been doing it for years in Japan. And originally, the Famicom was supposed to be Manfactured, marketed, and sold in America by Atari(with licensing and royalties going to Nintendo). That plan fell through though because of some legal problems between Atari and other companies.

The Silent Assassin
04-13-2002, 01:49 PM
Mattel has manufatured SNES before for PAL versions.

Arcayn
04-13-2002, 02:21 PM
Haha.. is that a camp postmodern toaster, or a games console? Sigh. The PS2 remains the only one out of them all that actually looks stylish.

Strider1982
04-14-2002, 02:04 AM
Sure looks cool, but man is that thing expensive...I'd rather go out and get a normal DVD player for a lot less.

Hermit
04-14-2002, 06:48 AM
That'd be such a kick ass gag gift for a christmas present or something.

Buy just the chasis of it. Stick a box inside with the proper weight. Watch their faces light up and you become a GOD!! Til later they figure out it's not real and kill you...

Ok maybe not such a good idea...