PDA

View Full Version : C-Set Editing

C-Dawg
04-12-2002, 10:01 PM
Hey, guess what I've never done?

Thats right, edit my Csets. And finally it has come to pass that I need to do that. In specific, the Cset for the Golden Ring and for Geelock 2 are all black, unset. But what confuses me is that when I go to a level Cset and use + and - to scroll through the Csets (on the tile editing screen) I dont see any all-black Csets.

So, anyone want to show me the light? Speak slowly, I am dim of wit and sluggish of thought.

-C

plith
04-12-2002, 10:25 PM
For level palettes, the only CSets that actually show up are the top three, labelled 2, 3, and 4. And CSet 9 changes from level palette to level palette.

Here (http://absolutezeldaclassic.homestead.com/PalletteRip.html)'s all you need to know about palettes (information is a bit dated, as it's 1.90), in case you don't already know that stuff :tongue:. Black ring I think is CSets 8 and... 12 maybe on the ESP 1. And Gleeok2 is the one after that... yeah, 13. Makes sense (is doing this from memory).

In case I'm telling you something you already know... just because I'm unsure quite how much you've got figured out so far :tongue:.

Cloral
04-12-2002, 10:50 PM
All the 'boss' csets and the ones Link uses when he has the various rings are located in Extra Sprite Palette 1. Actually at this point there is nothing at all in ESP2, however that could be changing soon.

4matsy
04-13-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
In specific, the Cset for the Golden Ring and for Geelock 2 are all black, unset. But what confuses me is that when I go to a level Cset and use + and - to scroll through the Csets (on the tile editing screen) I dont see any all-black Csets.
Have you noticed the "Load to CSet 9" button in the first screen of the palette editor (where you select a CSet)? That, when pressed, temporarily remaps the currently-selected CSet to CSet 9. This allows you to see boss palettes and such while in the tile editor.

This doesn't change anything in the actual quest. It just temporarily sticks another palette in the space in memory where CSet 9 would be, so that you can look at it in parts of the editor where you couldn't normally see it.

LORD OF SAIYANZ
04-13-2002, 04:02 AM
c-set 9 is for boss's.
but does Gannon use it to.:confuse2:

i know he use's

c-set 3 when hit
c-set 4 when stunned
c-set 5 for his ashes.

thx for any help.

sorry to bug you all but im a:newbie: lol

C-Dawg
04-13-2002, 08:18 AM
According to http://absolutezeldaclassic.homestead.com/PalletteRip.html
Link's pallette changes with the first two rings... but I dont see any listing for the Gold ring....

Also, the Geelocks in my game DO show up with color. It's just the Geelock 2's that dont work correctly, so I'm assuming they use different C-sets (not really rocket science). I'll try editing the ones you mentioned, Plith, and see if they work.

For future reference, it might be nice to add the C-set that enemies use to that list of what tiles they use....

-C

Cronic
04-13-2002, 08:39 AM
According to http://absolutezeldaclassic.homestead.com/PalletteRip.html
Link's pallette changes with the first two rings... but I dont see any listing for the Gold ring....

http://absolutezeldaclassic.homestead.com/feature_goldring.html

For future reference, it might be nice to add the C-set that enemies use to that list of what tiles they use....

And very easy to do as well. Tell ya what. I'll do what I can to get a chart of the new enemy tiles up as soon as they are finalized... Been wantin to do that for some time actually.

plith
04-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Yeah, the ESP was one of the dated details from my little tutorial simply because DN had made it switch things around. 8-11 were originally used as Link's game icons, but then they all got moved up one, and 8 became gold ring Link (whereas the gold ring Link came after that and Gleeok2's after that... maybe I was wrong and the numbers for those are 13 and 14).

Another difference: My tutorial mentions that there are a grand total of 15 or 16 palettes (0-E or 0-F I think). Well... now there's 256 (00-FF). :shrug: I'll update it with the official release.