PDA

View Full Version : Midi incompatibility?

DarkFlameWolf
04-12-2002, 05:27 PM
Well I was playing FHP in beta 152. (the new 1.90 quest that's going to be released from Raichu after I get done testing.) And well, as soon as I entered level 2, no matter how many times I entered, it always crashed ZC. So, hoping it wasn't a big error in the quest, I started it up in 1.90. And skipped to level 2 using cheats, Level 2 worked fine. But the midi sounded a little odd for the level. (its basically the REvenge 1 and 2 secret dungeon music, just remixed and stretched out.) So maybe thinking cheats might work, I went back to beta 152 and skipped to level 2 using cheats, nope, crashed again. So I'm assuming the midi crashes beta 152, but works fine in 1.90. What part of the midi code did you change to cause this to happen?

Cloral
04-12-2002, 06:23 PM
Are you sure its the midi? Is there anyway Raichu could make you a quest file where the midi is played in a different area, such as the overworld? If then it still crashes ZC, I'd suggest sending the file to DN so he could open it up.

DarkFlameWolf
04-12-2002, 10:27 PM
DN, PM me and I'll give you the link to Raichu's quest, skip to level 2 with the latest beta and figure out why its crashing.

4matsy
04-13-2002, 01:33 AM
I've had otherwise perfectly good midis mess up on me, too. They play fine in Winamp and such programs, but when I hit a bad one in ZQuest, one of three things happens. From best to worst:

1. ZQuest loads the bad midi fine, but ZC crashes on me when I highlight it in the "Midi Info" box.
2. The midi refuses to load at all in ZQuest, bringing up an error message that it couldn't load.
3. The midi outright crashes ZQuest as soon as I select it from the file picker dialog. Good thing I save often; paranoia pays off here. ;)

Dark Jim
04-13-2002, 11:28 AM
He just released his quest today and zelda.exe just quits when entering level 2. Odd :confuse2: So it happened to me too.

Edit: This also happened in TSA's demo. It didn't happen twice at the same place though. The second time it was a little further. :confuse2:

DarkFlameWolf
04-13-2002, 12:33 PM
Again, my suspicions are on the midi Raichu used for level 2. Some thing triggered a error in the allegro driver and caused it to crash. I suggest taking the midi file and seeing what about it caused it to crash, then alter it and then test it again as well as all the OTHER midis in popular quests to make sure that the one change to accomodate that midi didn't ruin any of the others.