PDA

View Full Version : First, you finish this quest. Then, you play this one...

Cyclone
04-12-2002, 03:25 PM
No, this is not a quest announcement. This is a suggestion to get the "series" feature working.

This does not involve reworking the quest number feature, necessarily; this could be as simple as a quest rule that, when active, automatically links to another quest file upon the first quest being completed. If this is wished, then both quest files can be packaged together by the developer (i.e. Revenge 1 and Revenge 2), and Revenge 1 can have this rule active such that it links to Revenge2.qst (or whatever).

Now, the mild difficulty with this is that, if someone changes the quest file name in Windows (or wherever), the use of name alone will not work. Thus, is there some other way that this can be done?

Note: this post has been copied to the ZC beta testers' forum to further discussion on this topic; this is not a private topic in that forum, as I have recently learned that posts from both forums will by this method appear in this same topic. Thus, as a note to testers, please don't post any sensitive information (if any) in this thread. Thank you.

{Edit} So it's not an exact copy. :blah:

Go to the thread (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?threadid=53664) for any more, and post anything you want in this topic. {/Edit}

Cyclone

DarkFlameWolf
04-12-2002, 04:20 PM
well instead of referring to the filename, have it refer to the quest name WITHIN the qst file itself. So have it search all quests in current directory of filename 'such and such' and link to that.

Cronic
04-12-2002, 09:22 PM
Cyclone this will be the last time I warn you about posting suggestions here.

Thread closed-