PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 152

Dark Nation
04-11-2002, 11:52 PM
What's new in this version:

1. Fixed combo flipping bugs. Combo displays correctly when flipped while using a cset2. Also, the walk flags and cset2 flags flip with the tile now.

2. Fixed (I hope) the bug where enemies would not show up sometimes.

3. Added new map stuff to dmaps. Click on the edit maps button when you are editing a dmap to access it. However, this isn't quite complete yet (on the ZQuest side). When you close the map chooser dialog, you will be back to the dmap chooser dialog instead of the dmap editor dialog. This should be fixed in the next beta. Also, anything you did on the dmap editor window might not be saved if you make changes and click on the edit maps button instead of the ok button.

4. Fixed the gohma bug.

5. Fixed (I hope) the bug where levels above 32 would have glitches (especially regarding information that is saved into the save file).

I'm sure that the bug that previously was corrupting quests that had exactly 256 combos is still around. I think it's a roaming bug, though, so something else may trigger it now. You might want to turn on the auto-backup feature.

Anyway, here are the files:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 152 for DOS (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b152/zc192b152d.exe)
+zelda.exe
+zquest.exe

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 152 for Windows (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b152/zc192b152w.exe)
+zelda-w.exe
+zquest-w.exe

Here's the support archives:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 147+ Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b147/zc192b147s.exe)
+1st.qst
+2nd.qst
+3rd.qst
+new enemy tiles.pdf
+new.til
+newfirst-fixed.qst
+zelda.dat
+zgp.dat
+zquest.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 144+ Windows Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b144/zc192b144ws.exe)
+alleg40.dll

You will also need to download this file (if you didn't download it for beta 150):

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 150 NewDefault patch (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b150/zgp.dat)
+zgp.dat

Daarkseid
04-12-2002, 12:49 AM
The minimap feature doesn't entirely work for overworld maps; it will display the first map you made, but since an item map isnt' acknowledged when picking it up in an overworld Dmap, it won't switch the first map to the second. It works in dungeon type Dmaps. Haven't tried cave or BS-overworld types. EDIT: works in caves, not in BS-overworld.

Dark Nation
04-12-2002, 02:42 AM
I know that the second map will never show up for overworld or bs overworld types. Not really a bug, just a design concern. Any other bugs?

Dark Nation
04-12-2002, 08:13 AM
Oh. Another thing I fixed that I forgot to mention:

6. Fixed the Alt-key bug in the game engine. That should be the last of the port-related bugs.

DarkFlameWolf
04-12-2002, 09:41 AM
Danke, more things to test. ^_^

Dark Nation
04-12-2002, 11:22 AM
Just remembered another bug fix.

7. Constant moving traps now obey walk flags on layers 1 and 2.

Now, if there aren't any new major bugs found in beta 152, I will concentrate on trying to remove combo pages altogether. This will probably be the greatest single change since combo animation.

Daarkseid
04-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
I know that the second map will never show up for overworld or bs overworld types. Not really a bug, just a design concern. Any other bugs?

Alright, I was under the previous impression that it would work in Overworlds, but I guess not.

Dark Nation
04-12-2002, 12:32 PM
I mean, I *guess* I could make it work for overworld types. Don't think it would be too hard. However, at the moment (unless/until we get customizable subscreens), the secondary large map would never show up, since the large map is replaced by the triforce when you are on an overworld.

Cyclone
04-12-2002, 01:56 PM
Geez, DN, we've been having a ball updating the beta reports thread this time around. I first edited DC's thread to add #6, then he added #7. :laughing:

Cyclone

Dark Nation
04-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Well, the beta 153 thread will look something like this...

"There's new stuff in this beta. I programmed it; you find it."

:blah:

Cyclone
04-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Well, the beta 153 thread will look something like this...

"There's new stuff in this beta. I programmed it; you find it."

:blah:

Sounds good. :)

FYI, twasn't an insult in any way. Just making light of our scrambling around. ;)

Cyclone

Dark Nation
04-12-2002, 03:50 PM
I know you were just joking around, Cyclone. :D

Dark Dude
04-13-2002, 08:04 PM
3. Added new map stuff to dmaps. Click on the edit maps button when you are editing a dmap to access it. However, this isn't quite complete yet (on the ZQuest side). When you close the map chooser dialog, you will be back to the dmap chooser dialog instead of the dmap editor dialog. This should be fixed in the next beta. Also, anything you did on the dmap editor window might not be saved if you make changes and click on the edit maps button instead of the ok button.You could fill up that big empty space in the DMAP window by putting a picture of the small map (the after one) there, which would help for comparing it to the actual map, and you could have it so when you clicked on it it took you to the 'edit maps' window.

Also, in the edit maps window, when click cancel, it takes you back to the dmaps list, rather than the dmap window. Not sure if that was intentional, I'd just assume it would go the other way. And the left side of the message box is missing, but I'm sure you knew that. One last thing, it would be nice to have an 8x8 thinger to put on the map where Link is.