PDA

View Full Version : 3 quests?

Kirbwarrior
04-11-2002, 11:04 PM
Dark Nation, how does the 1st quest go to the 2nd? just beat the first one, than the second one comes up? I 'm making a "trilogy", 3part quest. just need help.

Daarkseid
04-11-2002, 11:29 PM
To do this, your quests have to labelled(in the header data) quest number 1(for the first quest) quest number 2(the second quest) and then quest number 3(third). You can't do higher than 3 I think... and only in 1.92. 1.90 only supports up to number 2 quests.

Now here comes the crappy part. You have to name each quest's file name 1st.qst, 2nd.qst and 3rd.qst. This means you have to rename the current 1st,2nd,3rd quest files(or delete them altogther, which would be a bad idea). When ZC has a new name put in, it will automatically load 1st.qst. If you try to load your Quest number 1(in the header) quest like a custom quest, you'll get an Error.

If you intend to release a trilogy quest like this, you'll have to include a read me or something to tell people that they have to replace their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quest files with yours.

plith
04-11-2002, 11:39 PM
Or you could have it unzip into a separate directory so that all the person has to do is change the Quest Dir. to play it without renaming or deleting the originals.

Daarkseid
04-11-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by plith
Or you could have it unzip into a separate directory so that all the person has to do is change the Quest Dir. to play it without renaming or deleting the originals.

Good idea...

Cloral
04-12-2002, 01:31 AM
I think it's time DN fixed it so that the quest number feature actually works like it should.

Kirbwarrior
04-12-2002, 12:56 PM
Just as i thought. But yes, DN should fix this.:D

Cyclone
04-12-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
I think it's time DN fixed it so that the quest number feature actually works like it should.

I agree. I proposed this in ZC Suggestions, myself, in another recent topic. Check the post from StarFox in there.

I'm going to create a new topic in ZC Suggestions, and also - for the sake of simplicity - going to copy that idea into the beta forum. That is, post a new post with that discussion. I am unsure of whether it was seen yet, but I think it's time - as Cloral said - to do something to allow trilogies, and the like. :)

Cyclone