PDA

View Full Version : Custom Styles?

Predcon1
04-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Would it be possible to add an option for each member to make his or her own personal color scheme?

Or should this be another option limited to +1K posters?

Daarkseid
04-11-2002, 10:21 PM
Option likely givin to 1000k posters. Assuming this idea were possible. I don't know if it is or not.

Glenn the Great
04-11-2002, 10:32 PM
It seems feasible to me that a hack could make it so. All of the pictures would have to be on your hard drive, and the forums would need to know the paths on your HD to read off of when displaying pages. There'd also have to be a whole new interface made for the user to be able to specify all of that. I'm sure it's theoretically possible, but the hack would be relatively complicated. I don't know if such a thing has ever been made.

Jemsee
04-11-2002, 10:47 PM
Something like that would give everyone more freedom.
But I fear it would take away from the community atmosphere.
There is somthing about looking at somthing that you know others are looking at too.
A kind of shareing.

Hermit
04-11-2002, 10:55 PM
Doesn't sound as if it's really worth the effort. Not to mention the high possibility of user screw ups trying to set up such a thing.

Maybe try and see though :shrug:

Menokh
04-11-2002, 11:07 PM
I don't think it's worth it.
It would be too much work for both admins and users.
It would also cause problems when someone isn't using their computer or the OS that has the images.

Glenn the Great
04-11-2002, 11:09 PM
I guess it could just as well be made to search for images off your personal webspace. I really have no plans of researching or implementing this plan. I don't think it's worth it, and I think everyone should share the same sets of styles.

Fiyerstorm
04-11-2002, 11:27 PM
I've been starting my own design and I was thinking about sending it to a Admin....Here's the logo link thing....
http://slashercge.homestead.com/files/AGNFBanner.jpg

Mak-X
04-11-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by SlasherCGE
I've been starting my own design and I was thinking about sending it to a Admin....Here's the logo link thing....[/IMG]

That reminds me of Mario Twins because of the style. :)

Brasel
04-12-2002, 12:50 AM
I think that if it were to happen, it should go to 2000 members or even 3000 members...

I wouldn't use it personally, too much trouble.

MetaStaiford
04-12-2002, 01:01 AM
Personally, i dont think so. while i'd help, and so would other i'm sure to get the up...

the thing is not many people would use it, being a tad too lazy to make their own entire style set. Hell, i'm too lazy to make a decent one for the cult of Altair's message board, and it's my own board too.

if anything, it would be limited to 2000+ posters and staff.

Predcon1
04-12-2002, 10:10 AM
You know how MSN users change the color scheme on their profiles?

If not, you know how Windows users change the color schemes?

That's what I was talking about.

Fiyerstorm
04-12-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by MetaStaiford
Personally, i dont think so. while i'd help, and so would other i'm sure to get the up...

the thing is not many people would use it, being a tad too lazy to make their own entire style set.

It's easier than making a Zelda Classic quest!!!:lol: :lmao: :laughing: :kawaii:

DarkDragoonX
04-12-2002, 11:02 AM
I'd actually like to make and maybe submit a scheme or two, if I could figure out how. But, to stay on topic, I don't think custom themes are viable, too much work, too many potential bugs, no compelling reson to do it.