PDA

View Full Version : School is almost gone...YEAH!

Brasel
04-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Any seniors in here that have plans for after high school?

I plan on attending Southern Illinois University: Edwardsville for college. It'll be great, theres a really big campus, lots to do, and close to home. I might go away after one year if I decide not to become a teacher, but otherwise, I'll go all four years there because the teaching certificaite you get at SIUE is good for 48 states...

Toolie
04-11-2002, 03:19 PM
I might consider doing the same for Math (though I'm only a sophomore). What 2 states are the certificates invalid?

Cyclone
04-11-2002, 03:24 PM
High school is eight months for you guys? You dirty {censored}'s. :)

High school here is ten months, and college/university (with universities being higher-ranked) is eight months. Hence, I am done in...checks date...two weeks and one day.

Cyclone

Toolie
04-11-2002, 03:26 PM
We go to school around the last week of August, and we get out of school the first week in June. As short or long as it is, I always enjoy the hell out of it.

And today was the first truly beautiful day in the area... ;)

Zeo
04-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Always ben 8 and a half months for the younger U.S. people, theystarted extending the school (used to be get in after labor day, and the day before Memorial day was it.) becuase of cerain "failures" to do what they were to supposed to be doing (which I might add was NOT do to the length of the day, but rather the general stupidity level of most people when they set foot in a class room)

My class managed to, with and extended school day, and school year, get less then HALF of what we were supposed to get done, done.

AlexMax
04-11-2002, 04:08 PM
University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

I'll probably lock myself in the IT department 18 hours a day just working. Where am I going to find time for AGN?

^_^

Brasel
04-11-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Toolie
I might consider doing the same for Math (though I'm only a sophomore). What 2 states are the certificates invalid?

Hawaii and Alaska. ;)

King Link
04-11-2002, 07:35 PM
High School starts in the first week of September for us and ends last week of June. This year, once I finish my tests, I'm leaving school early to travel across Canada to Ottawa for Canada Day and then through the states.

Anyway, I still have until June.:( Oh well, not too long I guess.

Once I'm finished High School, I'm going to go to University.

MasterSwordUltima
04-11-2002, 07:39 PM
Well, i guess this is outta the question for me. If I were still in school, it would be ending on June 14 or somewhere around there. It ended there last year, so I'm guessing it will this year. I should go to the graduation this year just for the hell of it!

DsS Game
04-11-2002, 09:13 PM
I technically graduate next year so u are lucky mofos.

NerdWarrior
04-11-2002, 09:33 PM
I still have 3 more years of **** high school to go.
:(

DsS Game
04-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by NerdWarrior

FRESHMAN!!!!!! FRESHMEN!!!!!! FRESHMEN!!!!!!

:grad:

Daarkseid
04-11-2002, 09:55 PM
I would have been a senior this year, but I dropped out last year. So I got my GED last fall and am now already enrolled in BSU(Boise State University).

Cyclone
04-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by NerdWarrior

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what your standard high school :newbie: looks like. ;)

Cyclone

Elemental Knight
04-12-2002, 04:00 PM
2 years of High School left for me, and off to DigiPen (and/or if that doesn't pan out, I've gotten offers from about 20 other colleges. 19 of which I've never heard of, or even considered... You can really tell what the school's about from how they structure their brochure. Anyway...)

Enjoy school while you can... My childhood ended the day I walked out of 5th grade, and I still miss that time. I've loved every minute of high school (minus a few minutes, but that's beside the point). It's hard work, it's idiotic, it's them "teaching you to play by the rules of College in writing papers that demonstrate your knoledge of a subject and fail miserably at the demonstration/representation portion", but besides some of the BS school work I have to put up with, it's great.

...I'll miss it when it's gone...

jman2050
04-12-2002, 04:07 PM
After high school (I'm a sophomore now. Yeah that's right, laugh all you want :rolleyes: ) I plan on getting into Valencia to finally become certified in Computer Programming. Then I'll go, create an award winning RPG game and land a job at Square, Nintendo, or some other nice company where I will work as a programmer for some time and then finally be able to lead my own design team in order to create another award winning RPG. After that, I plan to

[Sees members sleeping]

OK, so I was rambling :rolleyes: n.

Ultra22Lemming
04-12-2002, 04:31 PM
For me school started on the 5th of September and ends at June 14th. We have 180 days of school, and my brother plith gets around 165 days. Life is so unfair...