PDA

View Full Version : Humwawa

Ibis, God of Magicks
04-11-2002, 02:50 AM
The Lord of Abominations is HUMWAWA of the South Winds, whose face is a mass of the entrails of the animals and men. His breath is the stench of dung, and no incense can banish the odor from where HUMWAWA has been. HUMWAWA is the Dark Angel of all that is excreted, and of all that sours. And as all things come to the time when they will decay, so also HUMWAWA is the Lord of the Future of all that goes upon the earth, and any man's future years may be seen by gazing into the very face of this Angel, taking care not to breathe the horrid perfume that is the odor of death.

Menokh
04-11-2002, 02:51 AM
Lets see... Second thread involving misstranslated Sumarian demons(the Ancient Ones).
Seems as though someone's been reading too much LoveCraft lately, hmm?

richeva
04-11-2002, 02:57 AM
Wow. That image is going to stay with me for the rest of my life...

Ibis, God of Magicks
04-11-2002, 02:59 AM
And if HUMWAWA appears to you, will not the dread PAZUZU also be there ? Lord of all fevers and plaques, grinning Dark Angel of the Four Wings, horned, with rotting genitalia, from which he howls in pain through sharpened teeth over the lands of the cities sacred to the APHKHALLU even in the height of the Sun as in the height of the Moon; even with whirling sand and wind, as with empty stillness, and it is the able Man indeed who can remove PAZUZU once he has laid hold of a man, for PAZUZU lays hold unto death.

CH@O$
04-11-2002, 03:01 AM
this isnt the most usefull information, and i doubt ill ever need to remember it but hey, what the hell

Menokh
04-11-2002, 03:38 AM
yep.. he's been reading waayy to many LoveCraft novels....

Either that or these are quotes from the Necronomicon, perhaps I should check....

Ibis, God of Magicks
04-11-2002, 04:01 AM
Know that HUMWAWA and PAZUZU are brothers. HUMWAWA is the eldest, who rides upon a silent, whispering wind and claims the flocks for his own, by which sign you shall know that PAZUZU will come.

Drunken Tiger
04-11-2002, 04:37 AM
:odd: yes....

now children slowly walk away from the crazy man!!:scared:

Zeo
04-11-2002, 01:22 PM
This is not normal for Ibis, and I never read the Necronomicon........is it a book about evil legends like vampires or is it like an Anti-Bible/Koran/you get the idea.?

Menokh
04-11-2002, 08:07 PM
The Necronomicon is an ancient Sumerian religious text.
It's really weird. It involves good vs. evil and all that stuff.
It's quite interesting to flip through actually.