PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: Ages and other classic quests

DarkFlameWolf
04-11-2002, 01:45 AM
You sure do have a knack for making annoying frustrating addicting quests Petoe. I'm still in search of the levle 4 triforce and don't even get me started on trying to find level 5! You have turned my sense of direction upside down and I have absolutely no clue where I am or where to go. Furthermore, the level 4 triforce, still out of my reach. The White Sword, evily hidden far, FAR away from level 4 where it was needed on the Gleeok. Which I got the Blue Ring from and that's where I stand right now.

Furthermore, I remember seeing a Classic Quest that was 'Hell's Domain' or 'Hellish Intent' or something with Demon or Hell in it. And was one of the 'better' classic quests of its day. Was wondering where I could find it if you know what I'm talking about.

Emaleth of Donn
04-11-2002, 04:38 AM
DFW, that was a classic quest that I enjoyed playing, although now that I have the 1.92 I haven't re-downloaded it to see if it works with this version, it should though...

The one you are thinking of is this I believe from the ZC Data Base...Hell Awaits... by Manson Seed (http://questdb.armageddongames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000021)

Chris Miller
04-11-2002, 08:45 AM
I once played this sadistic quest, where the boss of Level 1 was a Death Knight.
Oh, yeah. Hell Awaits was cool.:D

Manson Seed
04-11-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf

Furthermore, I remember seeing a Classic Quest that was 'Hell's Domain' or 'Hellish Intent' or something with Demon or Hell in it. And was one of the 'better' classic quests of its day. Was wondering where I could find it if you know what I'm talking about.

The others are correct. That is my quest you speak of.
Give it a shot, and let me know what you think.
The best way to download it is under 'Quests of the Week' at the Armageddon Quest Database.

sand
04-11-2002, 09:56 AM
Hell Awaits will forever remain one of my all time favorites. To me the way it progresses is just great game play!

It's an oldie, but goodie, for sure! Like a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of quests that were made around that time.

I don't mean to make it sound ancient, but things have sure changed since then.

I personally cannot wait to play Manson's next quest!:D

DarkFlameWolf
04-11-2002, 10:43 AM
Thank you, personally, I hope it isn't as frustrating as Ages is. That is just plain confusing. Not even my complete 4 map overworld will be as confusing as that! >_<

Cyclone
04-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Did anyone ever recreate Hell Awaits? If not, perhaps I can recreate it to some fashion after I am done college; two weeks to go after this week! :D

Cyclone
[email protected]

Manson Seed
04-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by sand

I personally cannot wait to play Manson's next quest!:D

Thanks, although I am waiting until the next public upgrade of the zelda classic builder to do part 2. There are too many new features coming. It would be a waste of time to build anything more with the 1.90 version.

I was very close to being in the contest, but I know I wouldn't meet the time limit.

I was working on something last week though....

Cyclone
04-11-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Manson Seed
I was very close to being in the contest, but I know I wouldn't meet the time limit.

Four months. Not enough?

If you change your mind before April 15, please follow the guide in the announced contest update to enter. :)

Cyclone

Petoe
04-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Frustrating......well that´s your problem DFW if you can´t play my guest. It shouldn´t be so hard to walk around and explore the overworld, because that way you can find most of the temples and places you have to visit, and the 4th triforce is hidden in the "thieves hideout" south from the L4.

And confusing.....well if there would be aguy in every temple telling you the coordinates of the next temple, it would be little too easy and simple. I wanted that the player would have to look around and search for tips etc. Maybe Ages isn´t the quest for you, but still you don´t have to complain all the time, though feedback is always welcome.

DarkFlameWolf
04-11-2002, 11:28 AM
Well Petoe, a full walkthrough would be EXTREMELY good right now, pointing out the locations of most, if not all secrets. :-D Hell, my walkthrough for Fragments of Power gave away everything! lol

K-Teclis
04-13-2002, 05:11 AM
As I remember, the walkthru was til Level 4....

Anyway.. This quest is confusing but cool..
But there should be hints, where to go next..
It would be very unfair without...

DarkFlameWolf
04-13-2002, 12:28 PM
also, playing Manson Seed's Hell Awaits. I liked Ages better than that. No offense, its just the gameplay and stuff, wasn't that fun, at least imo. Well done job though. level 2 was interesting. But overall, Ilike Ages better, even if it is frustrating. Level 5 was infuriating. And level 6...don't get my started.... -_- I can't even remember how to get back to level 6, I just accidently found it after being lost, and I usually have a good sense of direction in most Zelda Quests and can easily remember things. But damn, your classic graphics and confusing maze like maps threw me for a loop. So why am I still playing it? Well, every quest that I play that I reach up to dungeon 4, I usually finish through to the end. I never quit. And I must beat this damn it! >_<

C-Dawg
04-13-2002, 12:33 PM
Walkthroughs are for the weak and those with oral herpes. Which one are you, DFW? :)

-C

Petoe
04-13-2002, 05:51 PM
Well...I have to say that you are quite persevering* girl DFW. All the time complaining about my quest but still playing it. I am sorry to tell you that I have decided to give up with the walkthrough because my English sucks and level 7 is so damn complicated to explain with my English skills and my newest quest is taking all my time (maybe I should get a life, or then not..) But anyway, I´ll try to help you as well as I can, so if you get stuck once again(which is very probable) just ask me. Write to the old Zelda: Ages thread or make a new "Zelda: Ages help" thread or something like that, but don´t give up. The quest gets better in the end.:shrug: :thumbsup:

*persevering is a funny word...for me. In finnish perse = ass... hahahahahah! :lol: