PDA

View Full Version : A little problem with midis...

Dracula
04-10-2002, 11:07 PM
I'm just wondering, how come some midi's don't work in ZC? Perfect example, just about every version of Tragic Prince. I just want to know why... that's all.

LORD OF SAIYANZ
04-10-2002, 11:24 PM
i've seen that to

or they lose quality=/

plith
04-10-2002, 11:26 PM
I think it's called adlib. The midi sounds in Allegro aren't very good at all. In the Windows version, I'm told the midi quality is much better. But Windows ZC doesn't work for me :shrug:.

LORD OF SAIYANZ
04-10-2002, 11:52 PM
im using the windows verson.

and the sound,
for the midi file im using is:thumbsdn:

Chris Miller
04-11-2002, 08:38 AM
I have a theory about this:
I think ZQuest is more picky about midis than your standard player.
Even more strange, I can't run ZQuest DOS, because every time music plays, it slows way down, and my computer is certainly not slow...
ZQuest in Windows doesn't seem so bad. It uses whatever software your computer has built-in to play midis. If certain midis don't play for you, it's probably something wrong with them.
Dracula: Did you download all of them from one website? If you did, it's a problem with the midis.

VEL
04-11-2002, 02:02 PM
Some midis can actually corrupt yor quest file too (I've had it happen), so it is is a good idea to make a backup before adding any midis.

Daarkseid
04-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Dracula
I'm just wondering, how come some midi's don't work in ZC? Perfect example, just about every version of Tragic Prince. I just want to know why... that's all.

What Castlevania game is Tragic Prince from?

Dracula
04-11-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

What Castlevania game is Tragic Prince from?

Clock Tower in Symphony of the Night (best damn song on there!!!)

So, maybe it's just that some midis are too complex than others? That might be why...