PDA

View Full Version : Infinite "Take anyone you want"

Dark Jim
04-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Quest used: 1st-revamp.qst by DarkFlameWolf
Quest version: 1.90

I loaded this quest in the latest beta and I noticed when you get a heart container from the "Take anyone you want" guy, if you go back he's there again. This didn't happen in newfirst-fixed.qst. I can't use ZQuest 1.90 so could anyone create a screen with this room type in that version, verify that it doesn't work properly in the newest beta and then load and save it in the newest zquest and try it again?

Edit: Hmm if I load this in 1.90 (I can use Zelda.exe) then this happens too. Why does this do it in this quest but not newfirst? :confused:

Jigglysaint
04-10-2002, 06:11 PM
Is the room in a dungeon?

Dark Jim
04-10-2002, 06:20 PM
It's not screen 80 as it has music.

Jigglysaint
04-10-2002, 06:31 PM
But was the room that it was in, was the d-map set to dungeon?

Some rooms, like the rupee room, can be obtained multiple times in a dungeon.

Dark Jim
04-10-2002, 06:39 PM
I tested it and the heart container room does appear an infinite times in a dungeon. I guess that the room type is a dungeon type too. It would be nice if this was fixed soon. :rolleyes:

DarkFlameWolf
04-10-2002, 06:58 PM
EDIT: ACK! You're right! DN, FIX THIS! I might as well take 1st-quest remake down from the QDB and take it off my server so no one can get to it. This 1st quest remake ought to be ZC 2.0 only. So if you can fix the bug where you get infinite heart containers. Then I won't have to change much and it'll be updated with layers for 2.0. :)
What do you say DN? As it stands, people can cheat without even intending to by getting infinite HC pieces.

Cloral
04-10-2002, 10:53 PM
I would assert that all room types ought to work in all dmap types, so this should be taken care of eventually.