PDA

View Full Version : DMap intro

Lord AxaliaN
04-10-2002, 02:31 PM
:confused: How do you make the dmap intro appear, while using insta-warp?:confused:

OFFTOPIC: :heart: me and my gf are going steady for 5 months!:heart:

VGWarrior
04-10-2002, 03:16 PM
First, congrats on your girlfriend.

Second, if I understand correctly, the intro only seems to work when you enter a new D-Map once per session. In other words, say you start on the overworld (D-Map 0). You enter Level 1 (D-Map 1). A message pops up. Make it instawarp to that D-Map.

Once you see the message, that's usually all you will see it until you restart ZC.

Third, I think this should be in Quest Editor Help.

Cyclone
04-10-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by VGWarrior
Second, if I understand correctly, the intro only seems to work when you enter a new D-Map once per session. In other words, say you start on the overworld (D-Map 0). You enter Level 1 (D-Map 1). A message pops up. Make it instawarp to that D-Map.

Once you see the message, that's usually all you will see it until you restart ZC.

Third, I think this should be in Quest Editor Help.

First, you're right. Topic moved. :)

Second, the dMap intro can be buggy sometimes. I've seen one dungeon split between cave and dungeon formats, and when you entered a dungeon section, returning to the cave area would present you with the dMap intro again. It's funny, and I don't know why, but it happened for me once.

Cyclone

Lord AxaliaN
04-11-2002, 03:56 AM
Yes, ok, but im using a DMap thats located ona a map with several other Dmaps. Could that be it?

C-Dawg
04-11-2002, 08:25 AM
As far as I can tell the Dmap Intro is re-displayed when you enter a Dmap under the following condition : That you are warping onto it with an ENT/EXIT warp for the first time that session -OR- that you are warping onto it with some other kind of warp for the first time that session. I believe this is what goes on, since I never have a Dmap display more than twice.

Whats more, only DGN Lv>1 Dmaps seem to work in this way. Cave and Overworld Dmaps only display the first time you enter.

-C