PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Classic Update

cbmeeks
04-10-2002, 11:40 AM
Ok, not a program update (I have some but not releasing yet) but I thought I would announce the new website and explain what happened.

It's not dead. :-)

http://www.metroidclassic.com/

-cb

vegeta1215
04-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Cool! I like the new look, it's far better organized and legible in my opinion (not that the oldone was that bad though).

I'll be anxious to see the finished product (well, these kinds of things are never finished, so really a working prog...you know what I mean :D) I just hope Samus will be able to crouch and shoot straight down like in Metroid II and Super Metroid. This was one thing that bugged me about the original when coming from playing the sequels.

btw, cbmeeks, are you the creator and/or webmaster for Metroid Classic?

UPDATE: I checked the site, seems that your are the creator! Good to have you aboard AGN! ;)

Kairyu
04-10-2002, 12:57 PM
This is going to be nice... he he he, I can't wait! Well, yes I can, otherwise I'd be jumping off a cliff to my death or something... I think you get the idea. I hope you get the idea.

AlexMax
04-10-2002, 06:48 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but since War Lord has such an anal standpoint on site advertisements, I am going to have to request that you move that URL to your siggy.

I'll let you move it before editing it out of the post though.... K? No hard feelings.

EDIT: Actually, your site's URL is listed in the fan remake topic at the top. Perhaps you could put news in your siggy that the site was updated. Either way,I'll go ahead and edit the URL out... Sorry. :/

Mak-X
04-10-2002, 06:52 PM
Good luck with Metroid Classic cbmeeks.

but..argh...you can't even post about a project your working on? There's a whole topic about Misc Fan projects, and Metroid Classic is listed there...this is the creator of MC posting about his project...I see its the same as advertising but, its not like someone is just posting "cOME tO mey fOrUmZ!"...so if I posted about a project I was working on I wouldn't be able to link to my website? Maybe this is better for me to talk about in Forum Staff if I have more questions.

mrz84
04-10-2002, 08:34 PM
neat. im looking forward to it. :kawaii:

Cronic
04-11-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Mak-X
but..argh...you can't even post about a project your working on? There's a whole topic about Misc Fan projects, and Metroid Classic is listed there...this is the creator of MC posting about his project...I see its the same as advertising but, its not like someone is just posting "cOME tO mey fOrUmZ!"...so if I posted about a project I was working on I wouldn't be able to link to my website? Maybe this is better for me to talk about in Forum Staff if I have more questions.

in a chat log I sent AlexMax:

Darth Cronic: http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53488
Darth Cronic: When you have a chance...
Darth Cronic: Advertising a an project is not a bad thing nor is advertising a web site.
Darth Cronic: what we cannot advertise here outside our sigs is of course other message boards.

Simple as that.

Cbmeeks I'll ad your site link and best of luck on this project.

vegeta1215
04-11-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic

in a chat log I sent AlexMax:

Darth Cronic: http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53488
Darth Cronic: When you have a chance...
Darth Cronic: Advertising a an project is not a bad thing nor is advertising a web site.
Darth Cronic: what we cannot advertise here outside our sigs is of course other message boards.

Simple as that.

Cbmeeks I'll ad your site link and best of luck on this project.

I myself wasn't sure about this topic when i saw it. I knew it was an advertisement, but I really thought people would be interested in it, so I hesitated on closing it.

But, seeing how the Metroid Classic guru only redid his site and has nothing new to offer for the actual release of Metroid Classic, and from your suggestion DC, I'll close this topic.

If anyone disagrees with me or thinks I misinterpreted DC's words, let me know, I'll open this back up. But for now, it's closed...

Cronic
04-11-2002, 06:59 PM
You mustve misunderstood me.

He's advertising a site to keep us updated on his project.

WE CAN DO THAT.
we can't advertise messageboards, and when a member is only here to spam his site we close it. In this case he's come to remind us of a project we're interested in.

Jesus we do this shit all the time with Z2E.

reopened.

vegeta1215
04-11-2002, 10:23 PM
I thought I misread you're writing. But, that's why I left it up in the air for someone to fix!