PDA

View Full Version : Well. Damn.

DarkDragoonX
04-10-2002, 11:11 AM
I regret to inform everybody that my quests are all dead. So are the tilesets. Everything has kicked the bucket. Of course, I have a very good explanation for this. You see, I, um, sort of accidentally deleted the folder which contained the ZC subfolder. Oops. So, LotW is gone, which is irritating, because I only had the last dungeon to finish. I'm not starting it again, either, after how long it took me the first time.

Invasion is probably going to be restarted, because I love the idea so much. Unfortunately, I am now back to square one, which I find highly annoying, because I put a lot of work into those graphics, dammit!

Anyway, the moral of this story is: Sorry to anyone looking forward to either of these (that's about 2 people, at last count :laughing: ), and back up your hard drive frequently, unless you're in need of a good 'ol karmic ass kicking.

Raichu86
04-10-2002, 11:19 AM
If I'd done that to any of my quests, I'd have killed myself. :(

Good luck getting things going again DDX.

The Silent Assassin
04-10-2002, 11:22 AM
That is why, my friend, you always post the most recent editions of your quests online so you can't fuck them up nor can anything that happens to your PC fuck them up.

Same thing happened to my Hyrule Fantasy quest. Got encrypted wrong, wouldn't load. I lost maybe an hour's worth of work, but hey...it wasn't the entire thing.

Cyclone
04-10-2002, 01:29 PM
DDX, this is why you release demos and betas of your quests. Even if it's mostly done, you can block off certain areas until you are ready for a full release. :)

Cyclone

DarkFlameWolf
04-10-2002, 01:35 PM
good idea, esp. since my next quest is rather large.

VEL
04-10-2002, 10:48 PM
I always try to back up my quests occassionaly, I probably should do it more often though.

Menokh
04-10-2002, 10:59 PM
And this is why I burn my Zelda Classic folder(all 200 megs of it) on to CD a few times a month.
And quests I'm working on get upped to my yahoo briefcase in a private folder frequently.

*b*
04-10-2002, 11:49 PM
I always have a new folder for every beta I get, just in case;)

VEL
04-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by *b*
I always have a new folder for every beta I get, just in case;)

I do too. I have one for every beta almost.

Qale
04-11-2002, 12:19 PM
DarkDragoon, I just thought I'd post and give you some sympathy. I mean every other post here starts with, "that's why you..." and goes into what you *should* have done.

Well you can't do that now to save those old quests, and for that I'm very sorry. I hope that you do try to restart your creative Zquest processes again soon, but can totally understand if it takes a while to get over the loss. Because it is a pretty big loss when you delete something you've worked hard on.

:(

DarkDragoonX
04-11-2002, 12:25 PM
The sad thing is that this topic has gotten more replies than any topics about my quests have. :laughing:

I think the irony gods hate me. =P

Cyclone
04-11-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
I think the irony gods hate me. =P

You just noticed? :D

Well, hope you have the urge to get SOMETHING going again. Haven't actually seen anything from you, NEway.

Cyclone

DarkDragoonX
04-11-2002, 12:41 PM
Really? Well, I still have a couple pictures of my work left... HERE (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?threadid=48745) is a sample of what got nuked.