PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else slow?

Dirk the Daring
04-10-2002, 09:39 AM
I don't mean I rode the short bus to school, but I am having a real bad problem with load times on AGN today. I am hooked up with DSL, and normally have no problem, but today, real bad lag. Weather is crappy here, maybe it is on my end, anyone else having problems?

CH@O$
04-10-2002, 09:55 AM
no, im pretty fast today

Syntax Error
04-10-2002, 10:55 AM
It was sucking wind earlier, but the server seems to have corrected itself, now.

Jigglysaint
04-10-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Dirk the Daring
I don't mean I rode the short bus to school, but I am having a real bad problem with load times on AGN today. I am hooked up with DSL, and normally have no problem, but today, real bad lag. Weather is crappy here, maybe it is on my end, anyone else having problems?

That was just... lame. I used to know kids who rode the short bus and I thought they were better friends that most normal people. That's because they are non-judgmental.

Anyway, my connection seems to be a bit slow as well.

Jemsee
04-10-2002, 12:05 PM
Just hooked up to a faster IP and yes it was kind of slow on the AGN side, like when loading a post or reply.

Jemsee
04-10-2002, 12:05 PM
Just hooked up to a faster IP and yes it was kind of slow on the AGN side but the windows seem to be poping up ok now.

Edit: Don't know how this happened.
It was loading slow and I hit stop and loaded it again.
Did not know it took the first attempt.
Maybe this is where some of the other doubles are coming from.

Dirk the Daring
04-10-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint

That was just... lame. I used to know kids who rode the short bus and I thought they were better friends that most normal people. That's because they are non-judgmental.

When did I say anything about the character of the people that rode the short bus? I did not make fun of them, call them names, say that I was better than them, I just made a statement. Maybe you should not be so judgemental and assume that I think they are a bunch of half-wit retards with their eyes close together and they drool alot. There are alot of people out there that society calls "brilliant" that are more screwed up than most and/or had some sort of learning/social disfunction while growing up. One of the greatest, most caring, loving, accepting and innocent people I ever have known rode the short bus to school, my sister. She also has a great sense of humor, and when I would do something dumb, like the time I was trying to lick the batter off of the mixer and accidentally hit the on button and got my tongue stuck between the mixers, she would laugh at me and say "and I am the one that rides the short bus to school!!!". So in our house, it was not making fun of her, it was accepting her for who and what she is.

vegeta1215
04-10-2002, 12:38 PM
Yeah, it's had spurts of slowness. The other night it was completely down for like 5-10 minutes straight. Personally In can never tell if it's AGN's server or my ISP, cause my school ISP sucks and hasn't been too reliable at times.

Jigglysaint
04-10-2002, 01:57 PM

When did I say anything about the character of the people that rode the short bus? I did not make fun of them, call them names, say that I was better than them, I just made a statement. Maybe you should not be so judgemental and assume that I think they are a bunch of half-wit retards with their eyes close together and they drool alot. There are alot of people out there that society calls "brilliant" that are more screwed up than most and/or had some sort of learning/social disfunction while growing up. One of the greatest, most caring, loving, accepting and innocent people I ever have known rode the short bus to school, my sister. She also has a great sense of humor, and when I would do something dumb, like the time I was trying to lick the batter off of the mixer and accidentally hit the on button and got my tongue stuck between the mixers, she would laugh at me and say "and I am the one that rides the short bus to school!!!". So in our house, it was not making fun of her, it was accepting her for who and what she is.

I was refering to the joke. I wasn't trying to say you were judgmental or anything-wait! This is how all the crap gets started in the first place. Someone makes a comment, and gets their butt kicked because of it, which get's them mad and goes and ruins a topic. Wan't saying anything except for that it was a lame joke, and that slow people make good friends, that's all.

Now, let's not turn this into argument thread.

My computer needs a upgrade big time. It's so slow that flash doesn't work right on it.

Dirk the Daring
04-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint

I was refering to the joke. I wasn't trying to say you were judgmental or anything-wait! This is how all the crap gets started in the first place.

Calm down, I am not mad or upset, I just wanted you to know where I was coming from. If anything, I should be mad at you for all of the hidden stuff in Shady Oaks quest....j/k

Jigglysaint
04-10-2002, 06:29 PM

Calm down, I am not mad or upset, I just wanted you to know where I was coming from. If anything, I should be mad at you for all of the hidden stuff in Shady Oaks quest....j/k

My revenge against everybody! Actually, I did that as an excuse for people to e-mail me and talk to me so I could help them. Besides, it's great to see well established zelda masters squirm because they can't find level 1 because they can't get the hint(it said that there WAS a secret at the end of the pathway, there was only one thing that looked like the end of a pathway, duh!)

BTW, I need to update that quest. I have a second one going but it's taking forever to do since I have other stuff to do as well.

mike5000
04-10-2002, 11:12 PM
Yah I also have DSL and AGN has been running kinda laggy!!
-I hope its not us!!!! everything else works fine! :angry:

VEL
04-10-2002, 11:17 PM
It's been slow for me also. It was really slow earlier, but it speeded up some since then.

Mak-X
04-10-2002, 11:42 PM
It's been slow for a while a few times in the past couple of days. Sometimes the pages take forever to load to the next page.

Rijuhn
04-11-2002, 01:37 AM
Man, it's taking 3 minutes just to reload a page after I reply. This reply right now will probably take 3 minutes to send and reload the page with my reply attached. What could be causing the slow down?