PDA

View Full Version : *idea* on how to prevent double-posting...

Gerudo
04-10-2002, 05:15 AM
yes, this is just a SUGGESTION, and no i dont have any hacks or files as to my idea. (therefore making it obsolete)

but im sure there is something out there that goes:

if *nick = previous post, *nick cant reply

this is prolly very stupid, but its 5:15am EST... im bored, and noone is on, so this is what you get :)

Drunken Tiger
04-10-2002, 05:18 AM
But what happens if its a really long post?!?!

eg DC pics i mean we have people triple posting just to fit some pics on..:naughty:

The Silent Assassin
04-10-2002, 05:50 AM
We did this once. You weren't allowed to post in a thread if you were the last poster.

I am not totally sure of why it is no longer in place, maybe because of the switch, but with post limits, quest discussion, and general announcements...it posed as a problem.

Cronic
04-10-2002, 05:51 AM
We had this option before and it really didn't help. double posting isn't all that big a deal. It's best to just look past it when it happens.

Syntax Error
04-10-2002, 06:56 AM
Dammit DC, that pic of Iroqoi Pliskin is making me h0rn4y

Cronic
04-10-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Syntax Error
Dammit DC, that pic of Iroqoi Pliskin is making me h0rn4y

hehe I want to be him... mullet and all.

VGWarrior
04-10-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Double posting isn't all that big a deal. It's best to just look past it when it happens.

Then I don't get why we sometimes tell other members that they--or we--double post our/themselves.

Darunia
04-10-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by VGWarrior

Then I don't get why we sometimes tell other members that they--or we--double post our/themselves.

Because is our actitude. :rolleyes:

CH@O$
04-10-2002, 10:03 AM
in theory a pretty good idea but in practise too hard to impliment with all the acceptions that would be needed (eg DC's pics)

Gerudo
04-10-2002, 10:07 AM
i guess your right, how many people double post anymore... bah, i was bored this morning :)

Brasel
04-10-2002, 10:16 AM
The only problems we have with double posting is with people who are just asking for trouble (who are promptly dealt with) or stupid people who just don't learn...most problems with double posters are quickly solved...

Plus with post limits now, some people need to double post to fit everything in.

Cyclone
04-10-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by DrUnKeN TiGeR
But what happens if its a really long post?!?!

Not only that, but what if no one else has replied in a matter of days and you want to bump the topic so it's seen?

I've been in both situations, myself.

Cyclone

Darunia
04-10-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Cyclone

Not only that, but what if no one else has replied in a matter of days and you want to bump the topic so it's seen?

I've been in both situations, myself.

Cyclone

I vreated somerhing like a idea...

That's what Gerudo said, but....

if *nick = previous post,, and previous post =< 5 min... *nick cant reply ...

Ot only 1 minute...

The Savior
04-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Or how about a prompt if you try to double post? So if it was an accident, you'd know about it, but if it was intentional, you could still get around it.

Jigglysaint
04-10-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Darunia47

I vreated somerhing like a idea...

That's what Gerudo said, but....

if *nick = previous post,, and previous post =< 5 min... *nick cant reply ...

Ot only 1 minute...

There is a one miniute reguardless of who posted. You can only post 60 seconds after your last post(which is eaten up quickly if your computer rides the short bus).