PDA

View Full Version : i need to know about midi's?

LORD OF SAIYANZ
04-10-2002, 03:52 AM
how do you replace.
the midi's in the game?

all the slots says none.

and i put my midi in slot 0.
but it plays the old one's=/

thanks=]

sorry to bug anybody=[
just can't get it.
i guess im dumb=/.lol

Daarkseid
04-10-2002, 04:25 AM
Assuming you're using the midi option in the Quest menu, you click which midi slot you want to load a new midi to, click edit. It will bring up that midi slots stats, which are empty usually until you load a midi to it. Click load, and a file screen will come up where you can select from your various folders what midi you want to load to the midi slot you are editing.

When you have the midi selected, click Ok, and the list of midi slots should show some info where it previously said None.

Now you can select that midi for use when creating DMaps.

Oh, BTW, if you're relatively new to using ZQuest, you might want to check out AlphaDawg's tutorial (http://www.zeldaclassic.com/zqtutorial) which can get you started at least on the rudiments of making a quest.

LORD OF SAIYANZ
04-10-2002, 04:52 PM
so i just need to put them with a dmap's right?
but how to do that?

thats what i need to know how to do=]
but i'll try it now that i know.
that the midi and dmaps go togather

BTW

yeah i got tutorial and i love it=]
i like the download one=]
ITS BEEN ALOT OF HELP;]

Daarkseid
04-10-2002, 05:10 PM
Alright, so once you have your midi's loaded in the midi's window, you can select them for your DMaps in the Dmap editor, which is the Quest menu(same meny Midi is under).

LORD OF SAIYANZ
04-10-2002, 05:24 PM
i got it to work thx=]]]

realy geting the dbz feel now;]

BTW

i read some where in a post that the.

1 to 8 dmaps was all dungeon's is that right??
and is the midi's in that order?

thx for all the help=]]]]]

Daarkseid
04-10-2002, 05:30 PM
Um, not necesarily. Dungeon levels(1-9) are set when editing a DMap. If you are working with a previously made quest(like say, Example_1st_quest) then DMaps 1-8 do have their level numbers set to 1-8. Level numbers determine how that dungeon will behave, and in the case of levels 1-8, how a Triforce will be tallied to your triforce collection when collected in that DMap, so a Triforce picked up in a DMap with level 0 won't do anything for you.

Level numbers are set in the DMap editor. DMaps can have whatever level number you want, it doesn't matter the DMaps number in ZQuest.

LORD OF SAIYANZ
04-10-2002, 07:35 PM
you realy help me alot=]

thx man.

can i ask one more thing about midi's.
and i'll know what i need to know;]

on sound efx for the game.
you know the secret sound.
and the sword sound,
and the stairs sound.

can i edit them to sound like i want?

thank you for all your help=]
sorry to keep buging you=[

i'll let this post die after this tho;]
thx again

Daarkseid
04-10-2002, 07:42 PM
Nope, sound effects like the secret sfx, enemy sfx, and certain midi sounds(like the pick up triforce theme) are hard coded and can't be edited in ZQuest.