PDA

View Full Version : Secret SFX for events...

PrismDreamer
04-10-2002, 01:48 AM
I recently saw the list of the many uses for boss flags, one of them being events. This is definately a handy use for them, but one thing bothers me, when Link returns to an event-branching room (with the invisible fire enemy and hidden warps), the secret SFX goes off, which is slightly annoying, and since the identical room which Link is warped to doesn't play the SFX, it essentially reveals what is happening behind the scenes.

Thus, my question is, is there any way to force ZC to not play the secret SFX?

Daarkseid
04-10-2002, 02:17 AM
I don't believe so. The Enemies-->secret flag uses the secret sfx, and since you're entering the room where all enemies remain dead, the flag is going to be triggered every time you enter. No way around that, I'm afraid.

Xyvol
04-10-2002, 02:21 AM
Though it may help to turn on the play sfx screen flag on the screen that you warp to. I dunno if it'll go off after warping, but if the player returns to that room, the sound will play as they enter. I dunno, just a thought.

Jigglysaint
04-10-2002, 12:27 PM
Yes, you can't get arround that, unfortunatly.

What would need to happen to make things work a little better would be some sort of thing that would allow all enemy-secret flags to turn off after being activated, and have the secret flag become triggered, like you burned somthing.

Also, perement secrets would have to be implemented in dungeons, possibly as a screen flag or quest rule.

Toma
04-12-2002, 07:21 AM
I may be missing what he is after, but if the sound is going off because the enemies are dead, would turning on the rule Enemies always come back help?

Jigglysaint
04-12-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Toma
I may be missing what he is after, but if the sound is going off because the enemies are dead, would turning on the rule Enemies always come back help?

But then what if you have a door that appears after the enemies are dead? You will get stuck in them if they come back.