PDA

View Full Version : Squaresoft's Kingdom Hearts

Dragon420
04-09-2002, 07:26 PM
Either i missed someone talking about this or i am the first to bring i up...
Squaresoft is releasing a game called kingdom hearts sometime this fall. Now i know your thinking so what right?
Well see the game is being made by not only squaresoft but of all things DISNEY, YES DISNEY.
The game will feature disney characters that ARE playable such as Donald Duck witch will be a Mage and Goofy a knight.
to be even weireder there will also be FF characters from previous FF games like Tidus and Wakka from FF 10.
Not to mention some new people.
You can find out more about it at www.kingdomhearts.com
Now this has seriously got to be the weiredest thing i've ever seen in a game.
What do you guys think?

Daarkseid
04-09-2002, 07:33 PM
It certainly is weird, but its also fucking cool. I've been looking forward to this game since last year when I heard about it and was just completely amazed, considering it came out of nowhere for me.

Its not going to feature just Tidus and Wakka, but also Selphie and Squall from FFVIII and Cloud and Aeris from FFVII(basically all FF characters will come from FF games that Tetsuya Nomura did the character art for... Tetsuya Nomura being the guy behind Kingdom Hearts).

Warlock
04-09-2002, 07:33 PM
I've known about it for awhile.. I think it looks cool.. I heard it was really fun. I don't care if it has Disney characters, so long as it's still fun I'll play it.

Dragon420
04-09-2002, 08:17 PM
Wonder if squall and cloud are going to have voices...
Also i wonder if its going to have FF chars from not just the PS FF games.

Daarkseid
04-09-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Dragon420
Wonder if squall and cloud are going to have voices...
Also i wonder if its going to have FF chars from not just the PS FF games.

Thats doubtful. Tetsuya Nomura, the character designer for Final Fantasies 7, 8, and 10, is the guy working on Kingdom Hearts. Since he has some ownership over those characters, he can put them in his game. Also the fact they're already done in the style of art that Nomura's using in Kingdom Hearts makes it easier for him.

The character designs in Final Fantasies 1-6 and 9, were done by Yoshitaka Amano, who as I can tell, is not involved with Kingdom Hearts at all. I highly doubt any of the character's from these games made it into Kingdom Hearts(the game is already out now in Japan, I think).

Dragon420
04-10-2002, 03:40 PM
ya its in japan already cause it comes out here this fall and of corse japan gets it first...

Fiyerstorm
04-11-2002, 04:17 PM
I knew about the game for a while too. It looks cool. Is it only gonna be the mainstream Disney characters (Mickey, Donald, Goffy,etc.) and other Disney characters (Mulan, Beast, Hercules,etc.)?

Daarkseid
04-11-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by SlasherCGE
I knew about the game for a while too. It looks cool. Is it only gonna be the mainstream Disney characters (Mickey, Donald, Goffy,etc.) and other Disney characters (Mulan, Beast, Hercules,etc.)?

No, its going to have a few new characters(done in Tetsuya Nomura's style) and some characters from Final Fantasy 7,8, and 10.

Dragon420
04-11-2002, 05:32 PM
Well we really have no idea since square doesn't give u the full details till the game is actually out but so far the origonal disney characters have been mentioned...
It would be cool as hell though to run into the gargoyals like Goliath.
Another cool thing about this game is having cloud squall and tidus all together.
that would be a cool fighting party.
3 of the FF leaders.

Masamune
04-11-2002, 07:09 PM
so this must mean..... there are no seperate dimensions in FF! Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, and Squall are in it!

Daarkseid
04-11-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Masamune
so this must mean..... there are no seperate dimensions in FF! Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, and Squall are in it!

Actually, this game suggests something even more perverse, that the dimensions of Final Fantasies 7, 8, and 10 are linked to the worlds protrayed in Disney's various Animated cartoons and movies.

MasterSwordUltima
04-11-2002, 07:20 PM
NO...red...mage....eh? Did you say Goofy Daark? mmmMMMMMmmmm....goofy....

Daarkseid
04-11-2002, 07:26 PM
No, somebody else did, but Goofy is in Kingdom Hearts and is a main playable character.

Masamune
04-11-2002, 07:28 PM
and donald duck i believe.....

mikeron
04-11-2002, 08:33 PM
Okay, kids...
...see how Uncle Daarkseid actually reads the whole thread before replying? If you could all learn to follow suit, I wouldn't be so flaberghasted and downright annoyed right now. :thumbsup:

Dragon420
04-12-2002, 10:15 AM
Well...
If the other FF chars are in totally differen't dimesions than why is there always some refrence to the other final fantasys.
Like FF9 in the bigging in that play thing it said no Cloud or Squall Something erather.