PDA

View Full Version : SSB64 Question...

bonegolem
04-09-2002, 05:05 PM
In the original Super Smash Bros, is it possible to get the item menu like in training mode? (I ain't talkin' about the item switch, I already have it):confused:

mrz84
04-09-2002, 05:36 PM
not that i know of. ive played that game inside out and unlocked everything possible like 10 times and never found anything like the item menu in training mode available in any other mode. :kawaii:

Mak-X
04-09-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by bonegolem
In the original Super Smash Bros, is it possible to get the item menu like in training mode? (I ain't talkin' about the item switch, I already have it):confused:

You can choose what items appear in training when you press start and go to the menu, but I don't think you can make them appear at will like in SSBM.

The only things to unlock in Super Smash Bros. are
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ness
Sound Test
Item Switch
Mushroom Kingdom

Skulkraken
04-10-2002, 04:24 AM
They're right, I assure you. There isn't any way to make items appear in the middle of matches or anything like that. It just wouldn't be fair. How fair is a match if you can call a hammer or starman every time you start getting in trouble? Besides that, just pausing the game can cause problems since an opponent getting ready to attack can be caught off guard by a quick pause and counter-attack.

Sirklawd
04-12-2002, 10:57 PM
you can unlock the music test too, by completing all the bonus stages (ive soo logged over 600 hours on the game...like nearly 200 just using samus mmmmmmm)

MasterSwordUltima
04-13-2002, 12:34 AM
mmm..item switch? Do tell, what is it?

Mak-X
04-13-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by MasterSwordUltima
mmm..item switch? Do tell, what is it?

In Super Smash Bros. Melee, the item switch allows you to choose what Items you want to appear in VS. mode and how often they appear. Its in the options of VS. Mode called "Item Switch". You may have to earn it but I can't remember. There might have been a item switch in Super Smash Bros. too but its been a long time since I played that. There's also a Stage Switch in SSBM that you earn when you get all the stages. It allows you to choose what stages can be chosen when playing "Random".