PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon problem

blckscab
04-09-2002, 03:23 PM
Note:I am finding it pretty hard to explain this.

Some of the dungeons in my quest have more than one exit to the outside.
(E.g. - you have to go up some stairs to the outside to get a key that was in a unreachable place)
but' if link was to then to die or a wall master gets him, he ends up in the top-left of the screen.(not the screen that he died at or the entaranceor the stairs.) But I want him to apear back at the enterance or the stairs that link just used. How do I do this?:confuse2:

Please tell me if I am not making any sense.:drool:

supertails2001
04-09-2002, 04:39 PM
Well, you probably aren't setting the continue point right. You can make Link start at the entrance by setting the continue point at the first screen of the dungeon. However, I'm not sure if you can do it so that he uses the most recent stairs- unless you use multiple DMAPs. I've never tried it but essentially, you use the same screens on as many DMAPs as you have entrances. Then the stairs from outside warp to the DMap that has that entrance as the continue point. Try it.

EDIT: This, too, may be hard to read- but we're both confusing, so we probably understand each other! :laughing:

Chris Miller
04-09-2002, 06:41 PM
Here's what you do:
1. Create two dmaps for the same dungeon.
2. Set one of them with the regular entrance, and the other with the 2nd entrance.
3. Set the continue points accordingly.
4. If you appear in the top left corner, use both the green and blue squares. It won't hurt anything.

Daarkseid
04-09-2002, 06:53 PM
Actually, if I remember correctly in my earlier experiments with multiple entrance dungeons, if the entrance warps are Entrance/Exit warps, then continuing inside the dungeon will send to the first screen you appeared in, in that DMAP(provided the Dungeon's level number is higher than 0). I'm not sure how wall master's affect this though, I'll have to go check...

Okay, it also works this way with Wall Masters. If you entered the dungeon using a Entrance/Exit warp, a wall master will take you to that point of the dungeon, regardless of that DMap's continue coordinates.

My suggestion for solving your problem is to use Entrance/Exit warps exclusively for your dungeon, provided that dungeon's number is higher than 0.

Jigglysaint
04-09-2002, 07:08 PM
Yes, that is true. An enterence/exit warp will bring you back to the last warp you entered. The contunu point is for overworlds, where you start the game. Since the addition of the continue checkbox, you can set the screen for any d-map. As for wal lmasters, they act as a reset in a dungeon, like you go through the same warp again. It basically performs the same as an I-warp with opening screen, but is set as the last enterence you went through. Remember, the only two warps that need to have the green square in the right spot is the enterence/exit warp, and any side warp.

blckscab
04-13-2002, 10:10 AM
This does work, but every time I go through the warp link moves up or down a bit and gets stuck in a wall or whatever. Is there a way to stop this from happening or will I have to change my dungeons a bit( I wouldnt be very happy if I have to:angry: )

Chris Miller
04-13-2002, 10:58 AM
Here's what you do...
Set the green marker on the edge of the screen.
Set the blue one in the middle of the room.
This sounds strange, but it has happened to me...if you appear in the middle of the room, switch them. If you get stuck in the wall again, then it's a bug.