PDA

View Full Version : AZC Hosting

C-Dawg
04-09-2002, 02:45 PM
No offense to Darth Cronic, but it seems like your posting service corrupts every qst file that get sent to it. I tried several times today (so you might wanna delete some files named Colin2.qst) to get it to upload and download correctly, and EVERY time it got corrupted. Not much use as a quest posting service. But for some reason, if you Zip the qst file (making it BIGGER) then it usually works... whats up with that?

-C

Kairyu
04-09-2002, 03:38 PM
Your computer probably suffers from "Corrupt .Qst Download". There's no known cure, it can strike a computer after months of flawless downloads of .Qst file downloads, and sucks major %&^#. Welcome to the club, because that's what caused K-Tech's and my (Grammer check?) problem with your DoY demo. Or, there's something wrong with the AZC database. I'm just guessing it's CQD.

Bloodstar64
04-09-2002, 04:19 PM
It says that you need to zip the quest file before you upload.

GuitarmanTim
04-09-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Bloodstar64
It says that you need to zip the quest file before you upload.

That's right. Don't ask me why that's needed but it is. So basicly, you just didn't read things C-Dawg :blah:

C-Dawg
04-09-2002, 05:00 PM
Yes, yes, I read it. But I assumed (and still do) That the .zip was Darth Cronic's way to conserve space, not to preserve the integrity of the file.

Nick
04-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Seems every zip file I download from there "has junk added to the end of the file" as my zip program says. It doesn't hurt the contents, but I get that error everytime I download a zip from there.

Kratheous
04-09-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Yes, yes, I read it. But I assumed (and still do) That the .zip was Darth Cronic's way to conserve space, not to preserve the integrity of the file.

Not Darth Cronic's way, I assure you. It is my way of saving space. The AZC Quest Database is not hosted on the actual AZC site... it is hosted on Zelda Gaming (Network), which is my site. Also, a zip file is a compressed version of any amount of files. If you compress it, it generally gets you a smaller size.

No, it was not meant to preserv the integrity... it may be that my host... corrupts the .qst file. I do not know for a fact that it does though.

Originally posted by Nick41472
Seems every zip file I download from there "has junk added to the end of the file" as my zip program says. It doesn't hurt the contents, but I get that error everytime I download a zip from there.

Oh? Could you send me a zip file you've downloaded? I'd like to see what happened to it (if the error shows up on my computer) for myself. [email protected]

plith
04-09-2002, 05:48 PM
.qst files are already compressed (in the latest versions at least). When you put them in a .zip, the size doesn't change much, if at all.

Kratheous
04-09-2002, 06:17 PM
I said GENERALLY. ;) *smacks plith* ^_^

plith
04-09-2002, 06:34 PM
Heh, I'm just defining which part of "generally" .qst files fall under, for those who don't already know as much.

KJAZZ
04-09-2002, 07:35 PM
Does this mean that I can actually play your quests C-Doggy? Woo. ;)

C-Dawg
04-09-2002, 10:06 PM
<Shrug> Probably not till the next version. Urge Plith, Peach and Zeldafan to finish bug reports on the current version and I can speed along a new demo ;)

-C

GuitarmanTim
04-10-2002, 05:49 AM
Ah! :) so that's where those files are kept! on the zelda gaming server. I already thought, how da heck did DC cram so many files into the fairly limited space AZC offers (I'm pretty sure 75% is already taken by the site itself).

Cronic
04-10-2002, 05:54 AM
hehe nope, I'm only at half by now, and a lot of that is my DC pics stuff :)
Btw everyone thank Kratheous for what he does :)

also what kind of rude bastard can't so much as zip a quest to make it smaller?

supertails2001
04-14-2002, 03:28 PM
*thanks Kratheous for what he does*
Thanks Kratheous for what you do.

:D