View Full Version : need to get a program that makes wav's into midi's

LORD OF SAIYANZ
04-09-2002, 07:13 AM
thx=]

and i never use midi be for.lol
so i would'nt know,where a good and free one would be;]

GuitarmanTim
04-10-2002, 05:56 AM
Well, I know it's possible, because I had one of those programs a while back (not anymore) but the thing is, it always turns out crappy for me, because WAVs are just totally divirent from MIDIs. I suggest you try to get the midi files you want from the internet instead of trying to convert wavs unless you really want to try converting (it's not easy to get it to sound good, trust me).

A few good sites to get midi music:
www.vgmusic.com - has all the gaming music in the world
www.musicrobot.com - lots of songs with mulitple mirror locations

LORD OF SAIYANZ
04-10-2002, 05:44 PM
thx man=]

i'll just find them in midi's.

Hermit
04-10-2002, 11:27 PM
They exist, but they dont work no matter how much they claim to. No one has yet to make a program, free or not, that will effectively convert wavs into midis. Simply because no one has constructed a program that has the ability to "listen" to wav files a distinctively put it in the right place and right instrument that is needed for midi.

So basically all you really get is garbled notes and a bunch of junk in the end.

GuitarmanTim
04-11-2002, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Hermit
They exist, but they dont work no matter how much they claim to. No one has yet to make a program, free or not, that will effectively convert wavs into midis. Simply because no one has constructed a program that has the ability to "listen" to wav files a distinctively put it in the right place and right instrument that is needed for midi.

So basically all you really get is garbled notes and a bunch of junk in the end.

Not entirely true. Programs like that look at the frequency of the wavs, and then choose the midi-tone that is the nearest to that frequency. The problem with this is that most song consist of at least 4 sound types at playing at once (drums, guitar, bass and voice) and so the midi program has a hard time trying to figure out the frequency. But try converting a simple flute solo into a midi file and I'll will probably turn out pretty good.

Hermit
04-11-2002, 09:56 PM
Point noted.

Either way, in the end its crap :)

GuitarmanTim
04-12-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Hermit
Point noted.

Either way, in the end its crap :)

ya got me there :)