PDA

View Full Version : MiniMapMaker, etc.

fatcatfan
04-08-2002, 06:43 PM
okay.... not yet... (sorry to get your hopes up) I'm working on updating MM to the latest betas (any file format changes expected soon, DN?)

Anyway, would there be any interest in a minimap generator added to MM? Basically it would just be a resized version of the standard output, with black (or maybe magenta) borders added to make it align right.

also, on another thread... does Zquest assist in ripping animated combos? what I mean... say you have a 64x64 pixel animated GIF, or just the individual frames in bitmaps, pngs, etc. To use animated combos, the indiviual tiles of each frame must be adjacent in the quest's tile-space. so the top-left corner of frame 1, must be followed by the top-left corner of frame 2. So you can't just rip the whole frame as a block and have it work. Seems like we added something to do this for you a while back, but if not, I may work on something to produce a til/cmb export pair, or zgp, to speed up this process. (did anyone understand what I just said?)

anywho, off to church, youth event tonight. with any luck, I'll finish MM when I get back.

4matsy
04-08-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by fatcatfan
Anyway, would there be any interest in a minimap generator added to MM? Basically it would just be a resized version of the standard output, with black (or maybe magenta) borders added to make it align right.
Sounds like a good idea, especially if DN adds that "different minimaps for different DMaps" idea he was talking about...if he were to add it, I'd bet quest authors would be asking left and right for you to add a minimap generator anyway. :D

KJAZZ
04-08-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by fatcatfan

Note: To emphasize my post I will copy Hypercrashs. Thank you.

"Sounds like a good idea, especially if DN adds that "different minimaps for different DMaps" idea he was talking about...if he were to add it, I'd bet quest authors would be asking left and right for you to add a minimap generator anyway. "

Add it FCF, and while you're at it, update Mapmaker. PLEASE? :D

Overlord
04-09-2002, 10:45 AM
I agree 100% :thumbsup:

It'd be a very nice addition to MM.

I truly hope custom minimaps are added, getting slightly bored with the typical dungeon ones now.

Cronic
04-09-2002, 10:50 AM
most definitly a great addition to the MM :)

Mush easier than the conventional method as well.