PDA

View Full Version : Darth Cronic, somebody, Help Me Please!! beta 139

sand
04-07-2002, 11:31 PM
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

I put this in the long thread where the download is, but it was so far down I don't think anyone is looking at it. So I am putting it here in hopes someone can help me.

I have downloaded Windows beta 139 three times and I keep getting the same error when I try to run it.

This is what shows in the popup window:

Zelda Classic V.190 - (this is wrong, and I don't know what to do)

Allocating quest data buffers...OK
Initializing Allegro...OK
Allocating bitmap buffers...OK
Loading data file...Error loading Zelda.dat

Now, I am getting upset. I don't know what else to do.

I am running Windows Me.

I copied my Zelda Classic folder and made ZCBeta with it.

I downloaded the windows beta 139 and put it in the ZCBeta folder.

I ran agsetup. I tried to open it and the above is what I got.

Please help me. Oh, the same thing happened with the DOS version!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jigglysaint
04-07-2002, 11:50 PM
Did you d/l the support archive?

Cyclone
04-07-2002, 11:55 PM
Did DC post the support archive?

Checks.

He didn't.

You are using the Windows version? That has a support archive...lemme dig up a link unless someone beats me.

{Edit}

Got them.

Support Files (now includes 3rd.qst) (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b139/zc192b139s.exe)

Windows Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b126/zc192b126ws.exe)

If you use the Windows version, please download both. The Windows one is a single Allegro file.

Also, delete ag.cfg and run the config program in your new beta folder to get the key mapping to work right.

Cyclone

sand
04-08-2002, 12:04 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
MY ENTIRE ZELDA FILE IS GONE! MY COMPUTER JUST LOST THEM SOMEWHERE AND I CANNOT RETRIEVE EVEN WITH MY NORTON SYSTEMWORKS!!!!

Cyclone, the support files were included in DC's downloads. When I downloaded these support files and went to put them into the ZCBeta file they were already in there!!!

I rebooted my computer and it is gone!! Everything!!!

How can I just start over again? Where would I go to just download the Zelda as if I were a newbie?

(I might as well be a newbie if all of this has happened to me)

I am going to defrag and wait for you to answer me.

I am really crying. For real. I can hardly see what I am typing for the tears.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cyclone - can you please contact Nick. He has been trying to help me a lot! He knows my problems. Thanks

Cyclone
04-08-2002, 01:44 PM
Oye...that is a big problem. I'll try to get DN in on this one.

I just looked in the QDB, sand, so I found Nick's post in the forum.

Cyclone

C-Dawg
04-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Your computer ate Zelda Classic. It has good taste. For Zelda Classic is tasty! But no worrying. Computers don't eat files. They write over them! Bling bling!

Watchya!

-C

sand
04-08-2002, 01:52 PM
THANK YOU!!!

I have no Zelda at all. Not even the 1.90. So I have to start new.

C-DAWG - I don't think your post was in order as I was asking for help not criticism or to be laughed at.

Cyclone
04-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Your computer ate Zelda Classic. It has good taste. For Zelda Classic is tasty! But no worrying. Computers don't eat files. They write over them! Bling bling!

Watchya!

Transmits a malicious virus through AGN to C-Dawg's computer.

All your computer are belong to us.

And sand, I also contacted Dark Nation himself about this, in case he knows something. He may post here, he may not; either way, I hope he can answer any questions.

Cyclone

Dark Nation
04-08-2002, 01:57 PM
Sand, go to the Start menu. Now, select Find (or it might be called Search or Search for). Then, select Files or Folders. For the filename, put *.qst and leave the containing text box blank (if there is one). Now, in the look in (or maybe location) box, select Local Hard Drives (if you have that option; if not, select C:\. if you have more than one hard drive, repeat this procedure with any of them). Then, hit Find Now (or something to that effect). If you see some qst files, that means that your computer didn't eat ZC; it just moved it.

In any case, create a new directory, called ZCBeta. Then, download all of the beta 139 files and run or unzip them to the ZCBeta folder. That should get you running.

sand
04-08-2002, 02:42 PM
Thank you Dark Nation for answering my plea.
I will try that right now!:D

Well, there were a couple of quests in there and that is ALL! I mean!

I downloaded what DC had put on to download for 139. It does not have the ag.cfg file in there and I don't have it either.

So I guess I need the basic stuff that I don't have.:(

I guess I might need to be more specific, but I need the zelda.exe
I know I don't have it either. I don't know what else other than the very basics. <taking Xanax>

:odd: Should I download 190 again and use the ag.cfg and stuff from that?

CYCLONE! I just sent a PM to you... I hope you will read it.

JayeM
04-08-2002, 06:25 PM
Hi sand,

Sounds like serious stuff. computers are fun, aren't they? This was a few hours ago so I don't know where you stand now. Did you look in the folder that Find said the quests were in? Don't use the ag.cfg from 1.90, you need to run agsetup again. If you don't have it, send me your email address and I'll email it to you. If you'll list whatever else you need, I'll send those too.

Good luck,
~Jaye~

sand
04-08-2002, 08:18 PM
Thank you all that have helped me! I am up and running!
You guys just don't know how much I appreciate your kindness and being so willing to help me.:D

Hi, JayeM! I have not talked with you in a while. Thanks for offering your help, too. I am just so relieved now. I know you have been very busy so I haven't bothered you with chit-chat.
take care.:drool:

GuitarmanTim
04-09-2002, 05:17 AM
wow, a friendly noob, that's new :)

We here at AGN are always happy to help out sand. If you can't get an answer here, there is no answer ;)

sand
04-09-2002, 03:56 PM
Thank you, GT, for your kindness! Are most of the "noobs" not friendly? Seriously, I did not know that the newbies were not friendly!

They need to get a grip then. I say that with a red face because I sure lost my grip when I lost Zelda. HAHA That just made me so upset.

Thanks, again!:D