PDA

View Full Version : Left Behind quest series

Napalm
04-07-2002, 10:33 PM
I've been reading the Left Behind book series, and I'm currently on book eight, The Mark. These best-seller Christian Fiction books are a story based on the book of Revelation from the Bible, and put into a modern action thriller, with a lot of suspense. A good share of gore and violence here and there, making it realistic.

I'm deciding (if I do it) to make each book of the series a quest, with all of the main parts to follow the storyline. It will be basically a conspiracy-fugitive based game like the books are, not to mention each prophesy and plague like in the books. Such major points will be:

Nicolae Carpathia (the Anti-Christ) becoming the leader of the United Nations, then renaming it Global Community and becoming leader of the world, World War 3, the great earth quake, the demon locusts, the mark on the forehead only a Christian can see, the slaying of a third of the population, you getting to be Carpathia's head pilot on his plane for a short while before becoming a fugitive, the asassination of Carpathia, the resurrection and being indwelt by satan himself, the requirement from Carpathia the mark of the beast which is a bio-chip planted under the skin containing people's I.D. and bank account, and that makes you a fugitive being unable to accept it.

You will alternate characters, Mainly between Rayford Steele and Buck Williams in the first few quests, then a few more will become able to play later, as in the books. It will play in order like in the series, and will also alternate different places on earth as with the character alternating. (Of course I plan to do that with the different types of shields.

That's most of what I have planned, plus much, much more I haven't thought of or read yet.

You don't have to be a Christian to play this, as with a lot of non-Christians enjoy reading the Left Behind book series, being it's addictive suspense and easy reading. Although I'm not going to ignore the word of God becuase of being afraid people won't play it, and I'm not asking anybody to choose a lifesyle they don't won't to live. But I will warn you, it will have prayers at times of grief or death or any other, and much Biblical reference and prophesy, which is also part of the storyline.

So what do you think? Thanks.

J.J. Maxx
04-08-2002, 02:41 PM
Napalm, nobody has replied but I just want to let you know this sounds like a great quest idea and I really hope you finish it!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Praethus
04-08-2002, 03:47 PM
I like the sound of it too. I hope it turns out like you say.

VGWarrior
04-08-2002, 05:22 PM
Do you know where I can possibly read some of this online?

While I'm no Christian, I am interested in seeing this series in story before in Zelda.

Tygore
04-08-2002, 06:18 PM
GO FOR IT!!!
:D
This sounds great, hope you have the quest-making skills to make this a good one!

Napalm
04-08-2002, 07:51 PM
Cool. The enthusiasm should help and keep me going. I haven't done very much yet, but I'm gonna be using the city tiles I started making for my other quest.

Really I want it to be serious, but I can't think of a lot of badguys for most of the game. In the later books there are a lot of GC Peace Keepers, but not until the fugitive parts yet. Can yall think of anything?

Maybe what will make it good is only have enemies in the needed parts, and the main fun of it could be the mystery and story line and scenery that will keep changing, I'll figure it out. I am gonna make my own tiles, of though.

zfreak2004
04-08-2002, 08:32 PM
Woohoo!!!! I love Left Behind and it would be great to see that made onto ZC. Hay Napalm, have you heard any of the radio dramatizations of the Left Behind series? I'm really addicted to them now. You may want to try them. The first 2 books are in dramatic audio form at oneplace.com

fajz
04-08-2002, 08:51 PM
Napalm,
I am a Christian and have read all nine books and look forward to the next. It is fiction, however it does follow Revelations very close. I really hope you go thru with your plan because it has possibilities to be rather good. Good luck and keep us posted.

FZ

Napalm
04-08-2002, 09:08 PM
I haven't heard the audio, but I'm sure It's good. I might look into it. But you know waht made me mad is when I watched the movie. They freakin' changed everything! I guess they alway's do that with movies from books, though.

ImHoney7
05-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Napalm...I too am a Christian. I am looking forward to the release on July 2nd of "The Remnant". I have already read the excerpt of it from the Left Behind website. As with all the other books, it picks right up where the last book left off. I think designing quests after this series would be an excellent idea. It would also be refreshing to not have to deal with a lot of the foul language I encounter while playing quite a few zelda quests. Keep us all posted on your idea. :heart:

Raichu86
05-08-2002, 03:24 PM
It would be nice to see a quest with a bit of Christianity in it. :) Go for it.