PDA

View Full Version : 600, after a week or two of nothing

Executioner of Deities
04-07-2002, 09:59 PM
This is my 600th post, yay!

Anyway, to reduce the thought of spam and over acheivement, i thought i'd give a thought to those of you who have been considering leaving.

AGN is old, real old. Its been around for years. Longer than i even know of. I dont know when it was started, but it was quite a while ago. 3 years if im right. Thats why there are 1,000+ members here, thats why AGN has one of the absolute best most popular underground free zelda remakes in existence, thats why its given spawn to three or four equally popular sites. If you break away and leave, you'll find nothing as good or as awesome as this place is. AGN is the most popular place because it has something to attract people. Starting a site and trying to make your own forums is futile. You'll never create anything as good as AGN, unless you're more committed than WarLord was. Then you have to wait a long time until it gets really popular, and you have to maintain your site and all this other crap. Trust me, I doubt half of you are up for it. And there aren't any other communities as good or as forgiving as AGN is. The ones that are spawned from agn (ZGN, the MidiShop, the Tileshop, etc.) have all died because of lack of commitment and lack of involvement on the managements part. So i give you the following piece of advice and the previous information to consider: Dont leave AGN. Nothing is as good or great or communicative as this is. The convention coming up is just more proof of this, and more reason for you to deny your idea to leave. I tried, i've been gone for a couple of weeks, and i've been all over the web looking for communities this cool. NONE of them are. This is as good as it gets. Consider that good or bad as you will, but this is it. Live with it. Dont complain about the bullshit rules, or the overabundant crappy staff. They're here for a reason, and they fulfill it completely. So i say, before another stupid scandal or exodus starts up, live with what you got. Theres nothing wrong with it, and it dont get no better.

LordMagus
04-07-2002, 10:21 PM
Congrats, EoD. Only 400 'til the big 1000.

Edit: While your celebrating your 600th post, I get to celebrate my 500th.

Executioner of Deities
04-07-2002, 10:27 PM
well, congrats to you too Magus. Only 500 more till the big 10000. Hope you get there sooner than i will. Been dormant for a week or two. Should probably be at 650 by now...o well, ill catch up.

Cronic
04-07-2002, 10:31 PM
There's no need to announce a 600th post milestone...

Topic Closed-