PDA

View Full Version : Minimaps

Jigglysaint
04-07-2002, 06:52 PM
What are minimaps? Are they like having a level in a level? Like having midis inside a dungeon with using more than one d-map? Can there be a flag or combo that can warp to this minmap?

Daarkseid
04-07-2002, 08:20 PM
I think the Minimap feature is supposed to be a unique map style(the map in the upper left hand corner of the screen) for each Dmap. This would allow for each dungeon or overworld to have their own neat little illustrated map like PrinceMSC first did for this overworld.

It was mentioned in a few of the earlier beta progress and release topics...

Jigglysaint
04-07-2002, 08:37 PM
Cool. How about this: You create the map, and it comes into view after getting the actual map. Since you can allready set the map and compass for each level in the ini data, you can have a blank map, and a full map. Then you could put other stuff on the map, and make bigger(looking) rooms. Then, you could use the map thingy at the bottom of the d-map editor to add icoms. The map would show(the selector would be next to it), and you click on the room you want icon 1 to be on, and click on it again to have icon, 3, ect. That way, you could have your chest icon, boss icon, and other landmarks too. This would show up with the compass. Would this work?

Think about making each level map look radically different. It would also be good too because then you could mark each quadrent as a floor or somthing. That way you could have a maximum of four floors make of 16 rooms each. that's about the size of many dungeons anyway.

This would be a great addition and I really want this in.

(side note, anywhere I can put up a pic of myself?)