PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions, and I hope I´ll get some answers

Petoe
04-07-2002, 04:44 PM
1) Should I wait for the v.1.92?
- If I start working on my quest with the build 104, SHOULD IT BE SAFE to continue making that quest with the 1.92, because there was warnings of the build 104 and it is full of bugs. So what I mean is, that can I open build104 quests with the next versions, and will the bugs be fixed automatically? (I don´t like working with the build 104, but I didn´t take part in the competition so I don´t have the new better versions. But there are so many new cool features that I have to add them in to my new quests, so should I wait for the final 1.92 or start working on the quests with the b104 and add the new features later?)
:confuse2:

2) Does someone else have this same problem with layers???
- I´ve finally learned how to use layers, and I made a small demo where I tested some of the new features in ZQuest(build104). I´ve read that putting too much layers slows the game, but I have only one layer screen in the whole demoquest, but in that screen the game slows down a lot and I mean A LOT! It is very disturbing and I can´t use layers if this is the case always, or is there some tricks to avoid this? And if there isn´t, I hope that in the layer screens the quests won´t get as slow in the new versions.
:confuse2: :confused: :cry:

Chris Miller
04-07-2002, 05:11 PM
Yes, it is safe to keep using 1.92.
For instance, I started a quest with beta 76, and now I'm using beta 148 on it. It's pretty safe.

The features that are already there won't change, but they will be added to. Just take a look at the beta reports in ZC Discussion.:D

As for the layers, I'm not sure what to tell you. They don't seem to slow my computer down, but mine's pretty fast. I'm sure, when 1.92's done, that the problem with the slowdown will be ironed out.

Daarkseid
04-07-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Petoe
1) Should I wait for the v.1.92?

Its up to you on this one. You can go ahead and make your quest with 104 for now, and when another official release or beta release of ZQuest is released to the masses, the Quest you have been working on in 104 should be compatible with any new release. If it isn't, you'll be likely be notified. If a new version doesn't accept older quest formats, then it's likely because the new version is so drastically changed from the previous, that making it backwards compatible with older quests would've proved impossible or non feasible for the programmer.
For now though, its safe to assume that an official public release of ZQuest 1.92 will be compatible with your build 104 quest.

2) Does someone else have this same problem with layers???
- I´ve finally learned how to use layers, and I made a small demo where I tested some of the new features in ZQuest(build104). I´ve read that putting too much layers slows the game, but I have only one layer screen in the whole demoquest, but in that screen the game slows down a lot and I mean A LOT! It is very disturbing and I can´t use layers if this is the case always, or is there some tricks to avoid this? And if there isn´t, I hope that in the layer screens the quests won´t get as slow in the new versions.
:confuse2: :confused: :cry:

It sounds like memory issues to me. I have a speedy PC with 256 DDR ram, and 1.05 ghz processor, and I have not had any problems with layers so far. You could try using measures to free up more memory for the game, or fiddling with game options in hopes of speeding it up(like checking or unchecking Vsync), or you'll have to get a new system.

If it isn't a memory issue, then I'm not sure what it could be...

Petoe
04-08-2002, 07:42 AM
Ok. So the layer problem isn´t build104´s fault, the quests slows down because of my poor computer. Good to know.:confused: :)