PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me w/ something?

Fiyerstorm
04-07-2002, 03:42 PM
Both my CD-ROM drives do not read audio CDs, but they read any other kind of CDs (games, DVDs). They used to be able to, but they just stopped...does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Gerudo
04-07-2002, 09:53 PM
looks like you got dropped to the bottom of te page, slash. :laughing:

anyways, make sure that your autoplay thingy is enabled, go thru you cd-rom properties and mess with it... being that i never had this problem, and everyone else ignores it, thats the best advice i can offer you :shrug:

Hermit
04-08-2002, 12:04 AM
It doesn't sound like it's your CD drives. The fact that it reads everything else but regular CD's proves that one.

Having Autoplay on wouldn't really make a difference if there is no default CD player program to play the music. If you use winamp or something like that, there is a section that lets you specify what file types it will recognize in preferences. Make sure CDA is one of the ones selected. That way winamp will be set to boot upand play when you pop your music CD in.

If you use Windows Media Player to listen, I'm sure there is a section for that somewhere in its preferences as well. I wouldn't know where though since I just use that to watch video clips and such.

If all else fails, you can load the Windows CD-Player, its under Accessories. Play them with that.

MottZilla
04-08-2002, 12:11 AM
Your audio cable that connects to the cd drive probably disconnected. Check the connection. Also, try ripping the tracks to mp3s from an audio cd.