PDA

View Full Version : windows zquest question

blckscab
04-07-2002, 03:21 PM
I was just woundering if there is going to be a windows zquest and when it is going to come out because I started making a quest on my old computer and almost finished it, but now I have a new computer with windows xp on it and I can't finish it off.
:angry: :cry: :mad: :(

I would also like to know what version of zelda it will be for because my quest is V1.90

Immortal Warrior
04-07-2002, 03:30 PM
I was just woundering if there is going to be a windows zquest and when it is going to come out

Uh huh, there is indeed, and it's available for quest contest entrants and beta testers only. To get yourself a copy, check out the Quest Contest topic in QA&D.

I would also like to know what version of zelda it will be for because my quest is V1.90

Don't worry, the betas are all backwards compatible as far as I know.

DarkFlameWolf
04-07-2002, 04:32 PM
Don't worry, the betas are all backwards compatible as far as I know.
which is a good thing!

blckscab
04-09-2002, 04:00 PM
Is there a different way of getting it because I am pretty new to the zquest and I dont want to join a compatition so soon as I have just learned how to use it.:cry:

Kairyu
04-09-2002, 04:38 PM
If you say you need it to FINISH a quest, that's something right there for you to enter! Don't worry about not finishing first, second or third. C-Dawg and Plith currently stand WAY more than a slight chance of nabbing a top spot each, maybe two each, and I'm joining several other people gunning for third. Losing isn't a big problem anyway, you don't become an exile if you get last place. Just join in, finish your quest, add some nice bells and whistles using the lastest features and tricks designed by Dark Nation and the friendly folks of this board, and submit your quest. 'Course, don't ask me why I'm asking for MORE competition. Must be the N2O from my oral surgery today... Maybe I shouldn't use electronics for 24 hours... NAH! :laughing:

blckscab
04-11-2002, 12:41 PM
ok, I will think about taking on the contest, but first, what do I need/do to enter?:D

Cyclone
04-11-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by blckscab
ok, I will think about taking on the contest, but first, what do I need/do to enter?:D

You need to tell me you plan to enter in four days. :)

And then, you need to e-mail me. See my announcement above for details.

Note that I only want you to try this if you are serious about entering the contest, however. If you can't have a quest finished now in four months, just wait for the full release and take your time. Don't rush a contest entry just because you want to enter it; if you rush it and there are things wrong with it, it will detract from the quality of the quest.

Cyclone

blckscab
04-11-2002, 04:15 PM
The quest I am doing at the moment is almost done and just needs to be tested and have all of the bugs fixed. But I think I should wait for the full release so I can make sure that all of the bugs are gone.

Thanx for the info :)

p.s- will there be other contests?