PDA

View Full Version : It has been a long weekend.

Jemsee
04-07-2002, 01:57 PM
Last Friday I signed up for wierless internet.
they came and installed it and then left me to hook up the PC to the modem. Simple right?
Well also I'm trying to install a router and set up a net work in my house.
Got a new PC with 1.4AMD and all kinds of nifty stuff.
First, needed to set up con. with wireless, they needed a number from the router. IE bombs and every time I open it I get a illegal operation will shut down.
In the end I had to format the hard drive, reinstall windows and by this time everyone at my new ISP is gone home for the weekend.
This sux big time.
On top of all this the guy gave me the wrong softwear and manual for the new PC.
And I think the hard drive in the old PC may be damaged, after installing, got it up and it crashed to the point I could not get a C dir. to find any files. Trying it again today after a scandisk and a defrag. May need a new drive though.
Got the new PC up and put in the 56k modem, got what softwear I needed off the net. And so back on line.
I got 2 hrs sleep Friday night and 5 hrs last night. Maybe Monday when everyones back to work I can get it all up.
So, how has your weekend been going?

And things may be looking up, my son just informed me there is a two hr. Prience Valent special on TV.
Time to take a break.