PDA

View Full Version : Games in the spotlight

AlexMax
04-06-2002, 04:38 PM
The purpose of this post is to open up a sort of directory of games that we the staff recomend. These might not be the most popular games out there, but we guarentee 100% fun with each or your money back. What do you guys think? Reply with your thoughts. ^_^

AlexMax

Subspace/Continuum

http://ssr6.clanpages.com/screenshots/defense.gif

Think multiplayer asteroids, without the asteroids. Seriously, this game takes the physics engine of Asteroids, adds a selection of eight ships, supplies them with a (server specified) loadout of guns, bombs, bursts, mines, thor's hammers, walls, radar cloakers, repellers, all sorts of shit, adds the instant ability to become a turrent gunner on any other ship on your team (as deemed by the server), and adds the support of an insane number of players on any given server, with the teams (or frequencies) trying to work toward some common goal (king of the hill, capture the flag, command point control, etc.).

Whew, that was long winded. Whatever. Get it from www.subspace.net . Soon, you'll be hopelessly addicted.

Reguardless of what it may say in the Subspace 1.34 readme, Subspace is now COMPLETELY free due to the fact tha Virgin went under, and the client has been remade as Continuum, with added features. Highly recomended.

DarkDragonX

Avernum 1/2

http://www.avernum.com/avernum2/images/ReleaseShots/ExploringRuins.JPG

A shareware game being a must-buy? Hell yes! A fantastically realized fantasy world, full of intrigue and realistic, memorable characters, Avernum brings the feeling of a classic PnP RPG right to your desktop. 3 PC races, including humans, the feline Nephilim, and the reptilian Slithzeraki, over two dozen statistics and abilities and your choice of two unique traits, You have more character customization capabilities than ever seen before in a computer game. Sure, you might be a common sword-swigner now, but gain a level or two and add some priest/mage spells into the mix and you may well be death incarnate. Amzingly detailed artifacts, like the DemonSlayer sword and the Blessed Atame, each with their own history, are just waiting for intrepid adventurers like yourself to find them. Head over to http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com and download the demos for Avernum 1 & 2. You won't be disappointed.

Orion

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/drakan2/drakan_7.jpg

This is my personal favorite currently. When playing this game, you will enjoy a medieval quest taking on the roll of Ryn to awaken a sleeping dragon of lore. Massive environments full of huge enemies can be explored either on foot or by air via Arrok, the dragon. A must have for any PS2 owner.

Guidelines: Mods of this forum, senior mods, admins all get to edit THIS post (not reply a new one, replys are reserved for COMMENTS about "boy, such and such a game kicks ass), and add their own section. The game can have a picture (until we meet a picture limit), and post a short description about it. Try to come up with games that are not really well known, but are still worth playing. And please, one game per person.

Dechipher
04-11-2002, 08:56 PM
you have to pay to play avernum?

DarkDragoonX
04-12-2002, 11:25 AM
Avernum is shareware, it's like a demo. You play the demo, then you pay $20 for the rest of the game.

SiliconHero
04-15-2002, 03:16 PM
Hmm...I might check out this "Continuum" game. It reminds me a bit of Space War for the Atari 2600...

Leon S. Kennedy
04-16-2002, 08:28 AM
It looks kind of intresting and i would play it and give it a shot. . . . .

The Savior
04-18-2002, 04:40 PM
I high reccommend Asheron's Call if you want a highly addicting game, and have ten bucks a month to shell out. Trust me, it's worth every penny. cod.xrgaming.com for more info.

Jemsee
04-21-2002, 07:42 PM
Drakan is like my favorite PC game.
It may be the one game that makes me buy the PS2.
After seeing your screen shot I want it even more.
It was the only other on-line community I ever spent any time with. Don't even know if is's still active.

mike5000
04-22-2002, 12:45 PM
Cant You like update this with some new games and make it weekly?:D