PDA

View Full Version : A few pieces of my Sword/Blade collection, requested by DP

Hermit
04-05-2002, 10:22 PM
Dark Panther asked if he could see a couple pics of some of the things in my collection, so I thought what the hell, why not show anyone who's interested :) Since I had to go and make a seperate page for it I might as well go and plug my Midi Archive as well, so when you go, download a couple songs while you're there ;)

WARNING: This is a "free hosted" geocities account, which basically means "almost null" on the bandwidth capabilities. If you encounter the page stating I've reached my bandwidth, just wait a few minutes before trying again. I won't keep this page up for long so when this thread dies, so will the Sword page.

Enjoy!:)

Oh and by the way DP, if you want to add me to the member directory feel free.

Pryme8
04-05-2002, 10:50 PM
thosue are pretty good looking Hermit...

Hermit
04-05-2002, 11:13 PM
I'll look for more when I get bored or something. At the moment I'm fed up with browsing for them all.

Ekulf
04-05-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Hermit
I'll look for more when I get bored or something. At the moment I'm fed up with browsing for them all.

yeah I know the feeling... I most recently purcased the Sword of King Solomon... but one time i was in this store and this guy collected then and he had this one sword it was a smaller one with a little red cross on it... damn i wanted that so bad... but he refused to give it to me... i had never seen a sword so beautiful in my life... i was willing to pay him $750 cash but he wouldn't do it... of course i can't blame him i wouldn't have sold it for $10,000

DarkPanther
04-06-2002, 01:09 AM
That's cool Hermit. I've seen a lot of those online and in stores around here. Very nice. I just saw that Sword of Light for the first time recently and had a *jawdrop* when I saw you had it. ;)

Thanx for puttin' that together for me. I know that thread was forever ago but at the time I was like, "Hey cool! Other people dig that too!..." but I didn't have time to reply. I just remembered it today while I was wastin' more time at work and browsin' some sites. So yeah, I appreciate that and def. lemme know if you update it! (and if you ever wanna let that sword of light loose... ;))

Hermit
04-06-2002, 01:18 AM
My sig just turned into a big ole fat red X so I knew someone went to have another look. Wasn't expecting it to be you though ;)

There's probably about 30 or so pieces I won't find pics for no matter how long I look for them (not any good ones at least). Oldschool stuff like...

Replica of the He-Man sword in the movie
Replica of Eye of Pandora - Thundercats fame
Replicas of both Conan swords - 1 from each movie (Barbarian/Destroyer)
Replicas of 2 swords from Willow
stuff like that...

I'll see if I can find some good kitana pics on here. I have about 15 of those, most limited edition so they'd be tough to get pics for. I been looking everywhere for a Zelda Master Sword though, would be nice to have one of those :evil:

Yeah I'll add more as I come across them ;)

Zeo
04-06-2002, 10:17 AM
I like the Sword of Light and the Guardian Sword.

Meanwhile, THIS is useless in my opinion, except as a show piece.

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/zeldaclassicarchive/MasterFantasySword.gif

A good swords man using that could be defeated by anyone with enough sense to cut through that gold show piece halfway up...........

I think swords are something I'll collect when I move out, since my mother couldn't stand watching me practice with one (plus no room). I'm one of those people that if I HAVE some thing like that, I WILL know how to use it.

Hermit
04-06-2002, 11:43 AM
They're all 440 stainless steal, machine sharpened, and battle ready, each with its own case and sheath. That "little gold thing" you're referring to is for looks, it's removable. Sort of like the little ring thingy players stick around the end of a baseball bat ? It slides off, and it's a solid blade (not in 2 sections like I assume you're referring). You can't cut it in half, what are you nuts :odd: lol j/k

Zeo
04-06-2002, 12:12 PM
Okay, so I don't know that sword well at all. All I knew is gold is soft to 440 steel.

Do you have any duplicates in collection your looking to get rid of?

Overlord
04-06-2002, 12:26 PM
Hmm, practically any sword where the blade narrows, such as a sarrated edge, or deviation, is a weak weapon, as the point where it's thinner will be broken by a strong blow. The best blade is one of the same thickness, like a short sword, or Katana.

I'm all for showpieces, but I like to have a useable as well.

satanman
04-06-2002, 12:44 PM
Zeo's last paragraph on the post with the pic is pretty much my situation, although I've got plenty of room. (I might decapitate a few :kitty: , though)

I like the sword of shadow most.

I'll assume the stargate sword isn't anything to do with the film + series of the same name, I don't think I've ever seen a sword on them.

I think lots of sword shops do custom swords, so you should be able to ask for a master sword, provide a diagram as well, since there's no guarantee the the manufacturers will have played zelda.

I could cut it in half, just give me a chainsaw and a furnace :sb:

Hermit
04-06-2002, 12:56 PM
Yeah I know custom shops do that sorta thing. The problem is, I haven't found a place that'll do it for a decent price. I mean come on, the Master Sword isn't even anywhere near as complicated as some of the work and detail put into some of the things on those pics I showed yall. I'm still looking though...

Masamune
04-06-2002, 01:42 PM
i like the klingorin! and the sword of shadows!

Zeo
04-06-2002, 02:42 PM
Hmm........that deos seem to be an oddball.

I'll bet they don't have them as a non custom item in the U.S> for Safety reasons, they probably aren't allowed to Mass produce those.

I could have made a clay one in pottery class, except z64 wasn't out yet, and NO WAY ON EARTH would ANY U.S. highschool let you make a weapon of usable size in class.

OH how I wish I could afford a KILN!

Hermit
04-06-2002, 10:04 PM
I consider this topic officially DEAD, so I am therefore removing the temporary sword page that was posted. Glad yall had fun browsing it though ;) If I run across any more I'll make another for ya.

I have no objections to any mod who would like to lock this thread.
Thanks