PDA

View Full Version : Gaps

supertails2001
04-05-2002, 09:13 PM
Anyone have ideas on filling in gaps in the overworlds? I am in the contest, and want to make a good quest.

P.S. No nasty comments, please! I am totally new at making big quests and have already thought of quitting the contest twice! Please help!

Bloodstar64
04-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Here our some good ideas:

1. Add a hidden item there
2. Put in something like a waterfall or Cave
3. Put in a hidden dungeon.

supertails2001
04-05-2002, 11:13 PM
Thank you!

I'll try that, definitely!

Qale
04-06-2002, 12:21 AM
I had this really big gap in my overworld for Escape from Hyrule (Ignore for a moment that I don't use the entire overworld) so I decided to build a big ol' mountian and make a mini-dungeon called Moblin's Mountian. It helped fill out the world.

It also helps when you make natural landscapes. A mountian shouldn't just be a big blob on one screen. It should stretch naturally along several. Forests and lakes and streams should be that way too.

There's no good excuse to be in a forest on one screen and then in the desert on the next. (Why the original Legend of Zelda did that is beyond me.)

Qale

C-Dawg
04-06-2002, 02:07 AM
Got some spare overworld space? Well, then, you have a chance to do what 90% of quest makers overlook- give your quest some personality! Put some interesting characters in those screens that Link can talk to. Maybe someone who gives updated information depending on what popint of the game you are at.. maybe set up a trading sequence... hell, maybe just have a tile of a naked lady sleeping on a cucco. Do something fun!

-C

supertails2001
04-06-2002, 11:09 AM
Cool ideas, guys! Thanks!

You guys must be pretty good, cos I'm NOT!