PDA

View Full Version : Figured out an MIDI "bug"

Chris Miller
04-05-2002, 08:03 PM
I thought this was a bug, but it isn't.
Has anyone noticed that sometimes when you hit one of the skip buttons, that your midi starts over?
Well, all you have to do is set the "Loop Start" value to -1.
I'm not sure if this was posted or not, but I recently figured that out.

supertails2001
04-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Someone said this:

It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Maybe a bug, maybe an accident, maybe a magic glitch?

Cloral
04-05-2002, 09:50 PM
It's neither. The loop end feature along with the loop start allows you to make the midi loop through a specific part. The value of -1 makes it loop from the very end, however many midis fade out at the end so you have to set it to something before the end so the midi doesn't fade out while you're playing ZC. What happened for you is when you hit the skip button the position went past the loop end value, and thus it looped (as it should).

supertails2001
04-05-2002, 11:14 PM
ah-HAH! Cloral is a master, eh!

Neat!

Chris Miller
04-06-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Cloral
It's neither. The loop end feature along with the loop start allows you to make the midi loop through a specific part. The value of -1 makes it loop from the very end, however many midis fade out at the end so you have to set it to something before the end so the midi doesn't fade out while you're playing ZC. What happened for you is when you hit the skip button the position went past the loop end value, and thus it looped (as it should).
Yeah, somehow, I didn't really think it was a bug. It wouldn't make sense for one to be in the MIDI player.