PDA

View Full Version : Items and slashing

Jhube
04-05-2002, 06:47 PM
Does anyone know how to make items show up under slash tiles? For example, a sword in a treasure chest. I've seen this in some quests:confused: :confused:

Blonde799
04-05-2002, 07:34 PM
Make a "special item" room, then set the special item to whatever. Now, place an armos->item flag on the desired slash tile. If done right, an item should appear under that tile. If ya still don't get it, consult the tutorial.

Cloral
04-05-2002, 09:54 PM
Belongs in the ZQuest forum. I'll give it the boot.

SMACK!

Jhube
04-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Thanks, all try it. I hope it works. I think they should find a better way to make ZQuest do that. It's something I'd never expect.

Jigglysaint
04-10-2002, 06:07 PM
You also need to select an undercombo as well. In the cse of a chest, it's the open chest, which, BTW, is only half solid so you can get the item. Also, if you can remember the numerical order of the items(a rupee is 0, blue rupee is 1, key is 9, ect.)in the special room list(the item list for standard items had been arranged alphabetically), you can just press A on the keyboard and select the number. Handy if you remember the number and need to place a lot of chests in an area. also note that if you get a normal item, then the item in the chest will not appear, but if you get the chest item first, you can still get the normal item(a normal item is what is placed via the item square).

Hope that helps you out some more. Next, try to make a chest that opens after you get a certain item.

Oh, I am basically the treasure chest expert arround here since I developed them, so if you need any special help, or have an idea, I can help out.

Toma
04-12-2002, 07:16 AM
A chest that can only be opened with a specific item? Hrmm... Well, I think I know how to get it to open with bombs, whistle, arrow, and candle... Other than those items I have no idea... I will have to fiddle around with it for a while. :darkmage:

Jhube
04-19-2002, 07:12 PM
:laughing: Ok, I found out how to make a treasure chest. Now, how can you make it so it works when you can bomb,arrow, or whistle? You can't have an armos->item flag and another one on the same square.

Nick
04-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint

Hope that helps you out some more. Next, try to make a chest that opens after you get a certain item.

Well, I think this is talking about when you get a certain item and not actually using it on the chest though you can do it both ways around using a little work and thinking.