PDA

View Full Version : Changing the "new post" button.

Jigglysaint
04-04-2002, 10:42 PM
As Darth Cronic pointed out, 3 people this week have accidentally pressed the New Post button by mistake. This got me thinking. Why can't there be a change in the new post button. It could either be an new colour, or shape, or it could read "new thread".

I think that this would be a good idea if it can be implemented(I sound like I'm in Zc suggestions).

Daarkseid
04-04-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
As Darth Cronic pointed out, 3 people this week have accidentally pressed the New Post button by mistake. This got me thinking. Why can't there be a change in the new post button. It could either be an new colour, or shape, or it could read "new thread".

I think that this would be a good idea if it can be implemented(I sound like I'm in Zc suggestions).

It depends on what forum style you're using. Main Page has a "New Thread" button, while Classic Black has a "New Post" button. It doesn't bother me really, but I don't think changing the "New Post" button to a "New Thread" button could hurt.

Cronic
04-04-2002, 10:59 PM
Hmmm I dunno. I think posters just need to pay more attentio. Either way it doesn't matter one way or another becuase a topic like that is easily enough closed. Maybe I'll announce a remnder and procedure outline since our stars are back in working order.

Jigglysaint
04-04-2002, 11:02 PM
"I'm stoned and I can still hit the 'Post Reply' button, what's your excuse?"

Hermit
04-04-2002, 11:08 PM
I said i was sorry :shrug:

Cronic
04-04-2002, 11:09 PM
Don't be, It's no biggie ;)

inori
04-05-2002, 03:03 AM
This is not a new complaint ... I've seen this thread at least once or twice before.

That being said, I was ambitious tonight, so I drew up a button. If anyone wants to use this, feel free; otherwise, no biggie, you won't hurt my feelings any. :D (Whee, inori's going to try out this spiffy new attachment thing, since it was made potentially for AGN's use, and it's a small file anyway.)

Daarkseid
04-05-2002, 03:15 AM
That Icon looks good, inori. It could adequately replace the New Post button if it were added.

Darunia
04-05-2002, 05:41 AM
I just look below to see the last replies. If there's no replies... well, I hitted the wrong button (That happened me twice, but both I noticed the error. The first time I posted in a forum I had that error :rolleyes: )

Cyclone
04-05-2002, 11:53 AM
What's so hard about it? New topics to the left; replies to the right. :blah:

Cyclone

Hermit
04-05-2002, 11:57 AM
It's not hard :P

Just clicked the wrong one by accident, not noticing until already submitting it :shrug:

I guess ya just get used to using Reply so much ya don't bother looking at times to see whether you accidentally hit NewPost.

Sorta routine i guess...

Dechipher
04-05-2002, 06:06 PM
just move it to the left...