PDA

View Full Version : REALLY FREAKY bug!

texasdex
04-04-2002, 05:57 PM
I was working on a few screens to make it easier to test features (a bunch of similar screens with few obstacles) when I encountered a strange problem. Some of the rocks weren't copying correctly. I spent about half an hour determining that if the left four combos in the top row are all combo zero, then you when you copy the screen and paste it onto another screen, the four areas where the doors go will not copy correctly, but will instead all be combo zero also. I tried this in a different file and it didn't happen, but then I tried it again in my file and had that problem. It may have something to do with how the Dmap is set up, I dunno.

Dark Nation
04-04-2002, 06:02 PM
Hrmmm... How is your template screen set up? If the first four combos on the top of the screen match the first for combos on the top of screen 83, then ZQuest thinks you are working on a dungeon room, as both would have wall combos there. And so, it probably set the door locations to a normal door set. But, if you aren't really working on a dungeon screen, you will get strange stuff there.

texasdex
04-05-2002, 05:16 PM
That explains it. And that explains why I wasn't having that problem on the other files.