PDA

View Full Version : One More Time!

Toolie
04-04-2002, 05:49 PM
Whenever I listen to Daft Punk - One More Time, it reminds me of a period in my life, and of a certain event...

Like other songs such as Deftones - Kinfe Party, Styx - Renegade, and System of a Down - Peephole all remind me of my seemingly endless computer gluttony in early to mid 2001.

Songs like Spineshank - Synthetic, System of a Down - Spiders, and (suprisingly enough) Go West - King of Wishful Thinking all remind me of just hanging out with some friends all summer... not a care in the world... having sex, drinkin booze and getting stoned.

Now I'm in the punk/techno period of my life... and I'll probably look back on these songs and remember this time of my life :)

Does anyone else experience this?

Cronic
04-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Right now actually... Listening to the Door's Soft Parade album, and it takes me back to a time in my life where I spent my days seeking death in a haze of drugs, and sex... Ambition in the back of a black car. Having a gun pressed to my neck for getting drunk and throwin up on the wrong guy... Hehe those were good times, and not until you see the shiny barrel of death will you ever truly be alive.

Stalking the malls and other urban meadows for the perfect grazing grounds, and never once letting reality get the better of me...

Hmmm me thinks I'll try that all again.

Catalyst333
04-04-2002, 07:20 PM
Music has wonderful powers..if I'm really pissed I put in some really annoying heavy music, that I can scream to...like...My Ruin,Crossbreed,Distillers...and then I'll put in depressing music to chill me out..like Fiona Apple,Dido,Placebo..anything I can sing to..and then to get happy..I listen to techno...or Kmfdm..

But without music I wouldn't have anything to do with my time or money..I would probably be a yuppy or some nonsense..

Catalyst

Daarkseid
04-04-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Catalyst333
Music has wonderful powers..But without music I wouldn't have anything to do with my time or money..I would probably be a yuppy or some nonsense..

Catalyst

Ya know, I keep hearing from people how magical music is and it it affects their lives and so forth and so on... I get nothing from music, other than at times it just sounds good. Otherwise, its just noise, and when I'm angry or pissed off or irritated, its frustrating noise.

Cronic
04-04-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
Otherwise, its just noise, and when I'm angry or pissed off or irritated, its frustrating noise.

"Music inflames temperment"

Oh and Catalyst... Let's not forget the Lovage ;)

Daarkseid
04-04-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic

"Music inflames temperment"

Yeah, well, no more than a person yelling at the top of their lungs nearby or just loud noises in general. Its not the music, its just the noise that music makes.

Pryme8
04-04-2002, 07:37 PM
I get the same thing... sept with Rap

VGWarrior
04-04-2002, 07:44 PM
Does anyone know where I can see the music video of "One More Time"? That was actually a good video, but I only saw it completely once.